Raeken

The next day I went with Scott to work, simply to see how a vet did his job. Unlike Scott, I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do after high school. He had it all figured out. Graduate, go to a four year college, become a veterinarian. Yet I was just drawing a blank. Usually, people have this type of stuff figured out and all I know about myself so far is that I want to travel, which won't do me well with how I live.

       As for Stiles, he'll probably end up in the law enforcement like his dad, that much was a given. Lydia, the genius was going to go to Yale and probably become a doctor of some sorts. Malia and Kira, I'm not sure what they wanted to do with their lives but hey, if anything Malia and I can travel together or something if drastic times end up calling for drastic measures.

        "Remember, for intramuscular injections in the hind leg..." Deaton ushered Scott and as Scott injected a needle into the dog that laid on the metal table in front of us, "Stay clear of the sciatic nerve." Scott ended, perfectly executing the injection. "Excellent. Aspirate back to make sure you haven't hit a vein. Then just keep he needle still." Deaton replied, allowing Scott to excellently finish the dog's leg, which he had put a cast on.

       As he pulled out the needle, the dog growled and lifted up, nipping Scott's arm. "Ow. " Scott said as the dog growled again, "He's a little one, but his teeth are still sharp." Deaton said, looking up at me quickly as Scott pet the dog, "Sorry, buddy. Come on." Scott spoke, getting the dog off the table as a young girl came into the room. "Good boy! Here you go, Stephanie." He said, squatting down to her size. "Thank you, Dr. McCall." She said and I smiled widely.

       Like said before, it was amazing how Scott knew what he wanted to do, it was completely different now than it was in sophomore year, everything has changed. It's weird how things like that happen. "I'm not a doctor yet." He said bashfully and the girl smiled before leaving, allowing Scott to stand and turn to Deaton.

         Now for the real reason I was here. The talons that Scott took from the guy last night. "Find anything?" I asked as I came to stand next to him and Deaton. "Maybe. Are you sure this guy was a werewolf?" Deaton asked and Scott nodded instantly. "Positive." He responded and I crossed my arms, "Why?" 

        "Because, as far as I can tell, these claws are actually talons. In fact, they're the talons of a harpy eagle, one of the largest known birds of prey." I furrowed my brow as Scott asked the exact question I was thinking. "How does a werewolf get talons?" Sure it was a good question but another popped to mind. "Good question, but I think I'd like to know how they were able to absorb your power. It felt like you were dying, Scott." I said and he lifted his head to face me, a slight frown on his face.

          "She's right. The only one who should be able to do that is a Beta of your own making." Deaton explained and Scott nodded, "Someone like Liam." He said, allowing me to nod, "Exactly." Scott shifted on his feet slightly before looking back to Deaton. "And what if I let someone into my pack? Like another Beta?" I turned, raising my eyebrows with my arms crossed. It was obvious that he was talking about Theo, even though I doubt he'd let him in.

         "I would normally say no... ...but I'm starting to wonder if the rules to our supernatural world aren't as rigid as I once thought." Deaton responded and I bit my lip,  "Or maybe someone's trying to change those rules." I finished, causing Deaton and Scott's attention to fall on me, Deaton silently nodding with a solemn look on his face.

        "Well, I've had enough of this dramatic supernatural crap so, I'm going to go home." I said and Scott sighed, "I'll go with you. Bye doc." Scott said, guiding me out of the building. Since it was just the two of us, Scott drove us on his bike. So, on the way home, I held onto him until we stopped in front of out house. "You know, Jay, we haven't hung out in a while." Scott said and I nodded after taking off the helmet he had lent me.