when hell freezes over

"Jayla, you're not coming with us. Mom said to rest, so rest." Scott exclaimed as I stood in our kitchen. Stiles, Theo, and Liam had found a Dread Doctor that we could possibly save but they refused to bring me along. "Scott, I have a few broken bones alright, I'm not handicapped."

       "That may be true but you're also under bed rest at rules to mom so you'll have to stay here because I'd rather not get in trouble." He replied and I sighed. "Mom never gets mad at you! No matter what you do. Come on Scott pretty please?" I dragged out the please and he huffed. 

      "Okay fine. One one condition." He negotiated and I instantly nodded. "You have to wash the dishes for the rest of the month." He said with a smirk and I scoffed. "You're such a child," I said and he rose his eyebrow.

         "But deal. Doing the dishes isn't even hard," He shook my hand before rereading the text he got. "Okay, so we have to go to the clinic." He said and we left right then. Once we got there, I noticed Jordan's body against the farthest wall but a dread doctor on the table and I rose my eyebrow.

          "Can you keep him alive?" Scott asked as Deaton did his best to observe the dread doctor. "I'm not sure he technically is alive." He trailed off. "Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Liam grunted, crossing his arms.

        "Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough." Stiles offered but I shook my head. "Stiles n-" I was cut off by a loud voice trailing into the building. "Come..." Scott glanced around at each of us.

       "Did you hear that?" He asked and I nodded. "Come to me... To me." The dread doctor sat up on the table, a high pitched noise emitting from it, causing us to cover our ears. Liam stepped forward to attack the doctor but he was repulsed by an electromagnetic pulse that it emitted from its hand. 

          It left the building, closing the door with the same pulse. Whatever he did magnetized the door as plenty of metal started flying towards the door. Liam went forward, trying to move stuff but instead, he was jolted back. 

      We both groaned in sync as I held my stomach. "Don't bother, it's electrified," Deaton said and I looked up. "Was that notable before he touched it?" I asked and he lifted his eyebrows to me. "Sorry, Jayla." Was all he said and I huffed, crossing my arms. 

           Stiles placed his hand on my shoulder and I sucked in a breath. Aside from Scott and Deaton, nobody knew about last night. It was obvious that Liam and Stiles were wondering why I had a bruise and cuts on my face but neither of them had the heart to bring it up. 

       "Maybe there's something in here. Something about how he was a Genetic Chimera." Scott brought up, talking about Mason and his non existent twin. "Mason had a vanishing twin." I spoke up and Liam sighed, "Now we've got a vanishing Mason." 

        I nodded slowly, tapping my finger on the table. What does that have to do with him turning into a 250-year-old French guy?" Stiles asked, and Liam instantly nodded in agreement. "Yeah, plus, how does that even happen?" He asked.

           Deaton glanced over the papers, "Hold on, Scott might have something. Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone." He revealed. "Yeah, that's what made him a Genetic Chimera.  The DNA was still there." Scott continued. 

         "And metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside Sebastien as well. Right? Lift is just energy. Last I checked, energy doesn't just disappear." I explained and Deaton nodded instantly.

        "Yes, like Jayla said, energy doesn't just disappear. The Dread Doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world but there are some rules that simply won't break." He further explained, adding more onto what I said.