school nights

Filthy, that's what it felt like not being able to tell Scott about anything about the past two days. Stiles and Donovan. Theo and Josh, the kid he killed on the hospital roof. It felt dirty, my entire childhood there was nothing. No secrets. He was the first person that I told when I accidentally broke one of our mom's old vases.

        I was the first one that found out about the broken coffee table. That's how it's always been, until now. Until I had to keep two of the biggest secrets ever to myself. As we stood in front of him in the animal clinic, it took everything inside of me not to just, pull him aside and tell him everything.

        Yet, I couldn't. I was forced into a vow of silence by two people, one that I trusted with my life, the other by somebody that I can't stand but I'm covering for simply because he knew about Stiles hurting Donovan. If he didn't know about him, then that'd be another story. 

         "Do you know him?" Theo asked as Stiles unzipped the bag on the table. "His name's Josh. He was a junior." Stiles looked over at Theo before covering Josh's face up again. "Which one did it? The one with the cane?" Scott asked and I glanced at Stiles as he nodded, "Yeah." Theo said and Stiles looked up in Scott's direction. "What are we going to do with him? We can't just set the alarm and leave."

         I nodded and huffed, "Yeah, last time we did that Tracy went missing." I added and Scott nodded slightly, "All right, someone's got to stay here with him." Stiles said and I shrugged, "I'll do it." I spoke at the same time as Theo. Quickly, I glanced over at him and he smiled slightly. "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned." He continued.

                 Scott's phone vibrated and I lifted my head. "What is it?" I asked and he looked up. "Another one. Another chimera." He said and I moved over to him. 

-----

       Okay but why did he bring her to our house?" I asked and Scott shrugged, "Safe place I guess." He said and I nodded, "Good point." We walked upstairs and to my room. "She locked herself in your bathroom. Sorry." Liam said, glancing over at me and I shook my head. "It's fine." I stepped forward but Scott held a hand out and stopped me.

          With that he went forward, knocking lightly on the door. "Hayden? It's Scott. I know that you're scared, but we just... We want to help." He said, but he shook his head, turning to Liam. "I can hear her heart beating. She's really freaked out. What happened?" He asked and Liam sighed, "She was okay when we got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." He explained and I nodded. "Alright, but why?" I asked but he shook his head. "I don't know."

          "She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asked and Liam looked up at him. "She said she heard a voice saying, "Your condition improves." He said and I nodded, "Well, that's definitely horrifying." I spoke up. Stiles stepped up towards the door, knocking on himself at first. "Hayden. This is Stiles. Your sister works for my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us." He said and I huffed.

             "Come on, open up. We just need to tell you the truth alright? It's better to do it face-to-face than through a door. Okay, you can trust us, I swear." I spoke up. Scott stepped forward slightly. "Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door or I'm gonna have to break it open. It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us. But I just... I gotta know that you're okay in there." Scott said and I rose my eyebrows.

            "You break my bathroom door you're buying me a new one." I mumbled before the door opened, "I believe you." Hayden said, her eyes glowing yellow and claws sprouting out of her fingertips. 

     The next day I met up with the boys in the library. Scott had spread out a map and I glanced over it. "Is this Danny's telluric currents map from last year?" I asked and Scottt nodded while Stiles glanced up at me.  "We're back to telluric currents?" He questioned Scott and he nodded, "If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott said and I bit my lip.