1 | Many Years

note: her name is pronounced Jah-nah-lin (Jannalyn) 

3rd POV:

Friday April 5, 2002-

Matthew: 5 years old
Jannalyn: 4 years old

"Mommy? Can we please go to the park?" Jannalyn tugged on the hem of her mother's shirt. She's quite too short for her age. Her mother looked down at her and smiled. She leaned down and carried Jannalyn in her arms.

"Sure! Why not?" She tickled Jannalyn's stomach. Her cute giggles filled the room. "Go get dress and I'll go get your father, alright?" She puts her down grabbed a strand of her hair and tucked it behind her small ear to keep it away from her face.

Jannalyn nodded and grinned widely, so excited to go to the park and play. She ran to her room almost tripping on her own two small feet. She wore a comfortable clothing so she can enjoy as she plays. When she was done, she walked to the living room with her parents then drove to the park.

"Why don't you go play and your father and I will go buy some ice cream, okay?" She nodded. The ice cream cart wasn't too far so she was okay with it. She ran to the play ground looking for someone to play with. She asked a group of girls if she can join them but they were lil brats so they said no. 

She was sad. She sat on the swing and pouted while she watched the other kids played with each other.

"Hi!" A boy who was a lot taller than her stood in front of her holding a leash that was attached to a small cute puppy.

"Hello." She said quietly.

"What's wrong, pouty?" She looked at him and tilted her head to the side, she was confused when he called her pouty but she decided to not say anything.

"No one wants to play with me." She crossed her arms, the pout never leaving her small colored pink  lips.

"I play with you! You can play with Burnie and I!" He said with a big grin on his face.

"Who's Burnie?" She asked, she raised her eyebrow at the tall boy. He pointed to the small puppy that's attached to the leash that he was holding onto. He squatted down and scooped the small puppy in his arms and showed her the pup- Burnie real close to her face, Burnie licked her small button nose.

"He likes you!" They giggled together as Burnie continued to lick the little girl's nose. They ran around the park and played with Burnie and each other. When the little boy stopped running, Jannalyn stopped as well and looked at him with concern.

"What's wrong?" Jannalyn asked the little boy with a concerned look in his face. She is too. She's worried that the boy decided not to play with her anymore. She wanted to be friends with him forever since no one wanted to become friends with her.

"I don't know your name." He looked at her. A weak smile appeared on her face when she was relieved, he was just worried because he didn't know her name.

"I'm Jannalyn and I'm 4." She smiled as she showed her dimples and showed him how old she is with her small fingers. She was happy, she even thought he didn't want to play anymore but she clearly thought wrong.