80. "You're gon' regret it later, babygirl."

Saturday, September 17, 2016-

"Oh my gosh, you're here!" My mother opened the door with a huge happy smile on her face. She was dressed in her work clothes, her hair was damp which means she just got out of the shower. "Franklin, our daughter is here!" She yelled.

"Hi, mom!" I happily ran to her and attacked her with a big hug. She laughed at me whilst she hugged me back. She pulled back and cupped both of my cheeks with both of her hands.

"Where's my son-in-law?" She suddenly asked. I looked at where our car was parked at as my eyes landed on Matthew who forgot something so he quickly ran back to the car to get whatever he forgot. It took me a second to realize what she just called him. It didn't bother me but it just made the smile on my lips grew even bigger.

"He forgot something so he went to go get it real quick." She nodded understanding.

"Oh, come in! come in!" She took a step to the side so I can walk in. I walked in the same time as my father was walking down the stairs dressed in work clothes as well. My mom closes the door but left it unlocked so Matthew can come in.

"Hi, dad." I straightened up my posture and sent him a sweet smile. A smile appeared on his face when his eyes landed on me, he walked towards me and hugged me.

"You've gotten older now, huh?" He teased. "How you been holding up? Matt treating you good?" I nodded.

"I'm okay, we're doing alright. It's already been like a week a half since I started college." I informed them.

"And how's it going?" My mother stood next to me with her arm around my shoulder.

"Okay, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm a little stressed but other than that It's going good so far." I smiled. The front door caught all of our attention, Matthew walked in sending my parents a soft sweet smile.

"Hello, Mrs. and Mr. Jones." Matt walked towards us and held out his hand for a handshake. My parents shrugged it off and laughed before hugging him instead.

"Matthew, we've known for about fifteen years already. No need for handshakes anymore. You're part of our family now, you've always been part of this family, alright?" Matthew nodded.

"What did you forget in the car?" I asked him when he stood next to me.

"Oh, my glasses." He pointed to the glasses that he was already wearing in the car. So how could he forget it when he was already wearing it? I was confused but I pushed it away from my mind when my parents asked us a question.

"We need to leave in about ten minutes for work." My father glanced down at his watch.

"Oh, what time will you be home?" I asked with a pout.

"Both of our shifts ends at 8:30 pm, we can all go out for breakfast tomorrow? What time are you guys leaving tomorrow?" My mother asked. I actually had no idea so I turned to Matthew since he was the driver.

"Around noon." He looked at me and I looked back at my parents, nodding.

"Alright, well we can breakfast or brunch whichever sounds goods, okay? Is that alright with you both?" We both nodded at the same time. Then we all walked towards the door to head out. "We'll see you two tomorrow!" Then my parents got in the car and drove off to work.