96 | M

Authors note: here is the longest chapter I've ever written :) I wonder what Matthew's reaction will be when he reads this.

Don't forget to vote & comment because we only got 4 more chapters left :((

song for this chapter:
I love you x Alex & Sierra

•••

Recap:

"Why are you crying, baby?" He brushed a few strands of my hair behind my ear cupping my cheek. I couldn't answer him. I tried to speak but no words fell out of my mouth. "Let's go outside, yeah?" He intertwined our fingers holding onto my hand tight. We made our way towards the porch outside. A few people were there chatting, so we had to find a quiet spot. "Tell me what's wrong, baby." He pulled me close to his chest.

"Nothing's wrong," I spoke. "The songs just make me really emotional," I half-lied, covering it up with a laugh but he didn't believe me.

"I doubt it," He said. "There's obviously a reason why you're crying. If it's because of the song, then there's a reason behind it, shouldn't it?" He was right. I looked down at my feet, swaying my body back and forth nervously. I finally stopped crying but I didn't know what to tell him. Should I just tell him? I looked up at him. The same hazel eyes I keep falling for. The hazel eyes that belong to a boy who I admire.. a lot.

The boy who I loved this whole time.

"I'm crying because the songs remind me of us." I blurted out. I looked up at him, my glossy eyes meeting his hazel ones. He licked his pink plump lips, he brings both of his hands close to my face cupping both of my cheeks. A smile crept across his lips, he was so close to me, the tips of our noses were brushing against each other.

"'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love..." He softly whispered, still staring at me. "We are still kids, and we're still in love," He added. His gaze fell on my lips, licking his own. He glanced back me in the eyes as if he was asking permission, I stayed frozen. I didn't tell him he was allowed to kiss me, but at the same time, I didn't stop him. He was slowly leaning in. I found myself closing my eyes waiting for the pair of lips I've been craving for, for a long time.

Until my mom found us and interrupted us.

"There you are! Your mom is about to throw the bouquet and we couldn't start it without you!" She said. "Come on, kids." Then she left, we glanced at each other for a second then pulled away and followed my mom inside. I was walking towards the crowd full of all of the ladies at the party, Marie was in front of them her back was facing them. Someone grabbed my forearm and pulled me into the crowd, I looked behind me but Matthew was nowhere in sight.

"3.. 2.. 1.." Everyone counted. Marie threw the bouquet over her head, I watched it in the air until was coming near me. I had no other choice rather than to catch it or else it would hit me on my head. Everyone gasped staring at me like I grew another head. My eyes widened looking down at the bouquet that was in my hand. When I looked up, my eyes met his first and he was shocked.

"You know what the means!" Marie clapped for me giving me a tight hug. I gave her a confused expression, not knowing what she was talking about. "Whoever caught the bouquet, is the next person to get married." Then she left me to talk to Rafael. That's just a stupid myth, right?