twenty three

Waking up on Mondays wasn't hard to me. It was more of a matter of waking up Gerard. I pulled on a long sleeved shirt and went to Gerard's room. Praying he wasn't naked, I swung open the door.

"Gerard!" I shouted loudly. The lump in the bed shifted. I pulled the blankets back, and screamed.

It was worse than a naked Gerard. Way (pun not intended) worse.

It was a naked Gerard, plus a naked Frank. Gerard's eyes whipped open at my scream, while I covered my eyes with my hands and screamed some more.

I started running out of the room, my eyes covered. I hit a wall but soon found the door, and rushed out.

I could hear Frank talking softly after I left, but I couldn't make out the words. Maybe I should just leave without them. The school would take about five minutes to get there. I had my own car. It wouldn't be too hard. The only drawback would be that I hated driving to school. The parking lot never had any open spots, and my car would (chances are) be made fun of relentlessly.

"Bye, Frank, and Gee!" I shouted, as I grabbed the keys. If I was fast I could grab something at Taco Bell.

"Wait, are you lea-" I heard Gerard shout back, but I slammed the door. I prayed that they actually showed up for school, and didn't skip. I wasn't in the mood for spending the day alone.

I started the car, and called Ray.

"Hey, Ray-man. You want Taco Bell?" I said when he picked up. "I can also take you to school today." I pulled out of the driveway, and put my phone on speaker.

"Sure. Did you ditch Gerard?" Ray asked.

"Gerard and Frank."

"Ew."

"I saw too much. My innocence is ruined." I said, making Ray laugh.

"I think your innocence was ruined on Saturday." Ray replied, and I winced.

"Stop. My head still hurts. I drank so much I don't even remember what happened." I complained. Ray and I had gotten a 'little' drunk on Saturday. I have never had a hang over that bad. Ray laughed again.

"Yeah, I feel you. Okay, I am standing outside. Hurry your butt, its cold." Ray hung up on me, so I drove a little faster.

Twenty minutes later, Ray and I were standing in front of the school. Well, as well as we could. People were rushing into the school, shoving us. I jumped as I nearly lost my Taco Bell.

"Shall we?" I asked. Ray nodded. We walked to his locker first, then to mine.

"See you at lunch." Ray said before walking away. He was a grade above me so I only got to see him (As well as Gerard and Frank) during lunch and sometimes during free period. I quickly finished my drink before throwing it away. Best to get into class as soon as I could.

Three hours later, it was lunch. My hair was messed up from the amount of paper balls hit my head during class. Yeah, people actually do that. It's insanely stupid, and annoying.

As I headed to our usual table, I was surprised to see Frank and Gerard were there. I sat down next to Ray.

"Nice to see you two got up this morning." I teased. Gerard rolled his eyes, but I didn't miss how his cheeks got red.

"Ey! Emos!" A voice came from the other side of the room. We all ignored it and started to eat, only breaking the silence to discuss our plans for tonight. "Come on, ya idiots? Did you not hear me?" The voice continued. I made eye contact with Gerard before saying one word.

"Why?" The word was quiet, almost a whisper. Gerard broke eye contact, looking down at his food. Ray ignored it, but Frank gave me a look, silently telling me to back off. "Really Frank? You are taking his side on this?" I hissed at him. Frank only responded with a blank look.

I suddenly didn't feel like eating, and stood up. Without looking back, I strode out of the cafeteria and headed to the library.

I feel like they are all against me, except for Ray. He is staying out of all of it, but I couldn't blame him. I was still pissed that Frank was taking Gerard's side on this. So they fucked a couple of times, and then suddenly Gerard is always right?

"Yo, emo." The voice was following me. I flinched, not expecting it. I heard a round of laughter. Maybe there were three people behind me? The taunting continued until I felt my annoyance bubbling over.

"What the hell do you want?" I demanded, turning around.

Behind me was standing Vic and Oliver, led by Pete Wentz.

The fucking asshole.

Pete was grinning like someone had just told him a joke. I wanted so desperately to close my eyes, and pretend that he was the Pete that I have been talking to for the past month, the one who loved corny romance movies and tumblr.

But I couldn't cause this was reality, and and it would look really weird if I just closed my eyes right now.

"What did you just say?" Vic said, cracking his knuckles. Without another word, I took off and sprinted down the hallway. I took a sharp turn, and lost them. They were really idiots.

Vic and Oliver kept running, but Pete was walking. I had pressed myself against the wall, praying that they wouldn't see me, but I still could look down there. Pete had stopped walking, and was checking his phone. He let out a little sigh, and typed out something.

As he put his phone away, the worst thing happened. My phone made a noise, signifying a text. I started to run again, but not before I saw Pete turn towards me, obviously surprised and confused. But I was gone, down the hallway and out the front door.

At this point I didn't care that I was skipping school. All that I really wanted was to get away.

I was in my car within seconds, more angry than I was upset. Probably breaking every speed limit I came across, I didn't go home. I went to the bridge, the one out past the city limits. As I sloppily parked the car, I half jogged towards the edge.

The water below was rushing almost violently. It probably was cold. I knew that just underneath the water was sharp rocks, making it impossible to swim in the river.

I let out a sigh and rubbed my face with my hands.

Why was this all just a big mess right now? Why have I managed to screw everything up?