forty four

Gerard and Frank had left to go get some food, leaving Ray and Mikey in the room alone. Ray moved his chair closer to the bed so he could put his feet on the bed. "So, Mikey." He said. "Since you don't seem to be in the mood for talking, I am going to just pretend that you are responding." Ray smiled his idea. Mikey blinked.

"Okay. Hey, do you have your phone with you?" No response. Ray looked around, and saw a bag on the nightstand. He looked through it, finding nothing but some money and Mikey's phone. It was nearly dead, and had millions of notifications, texts and calls. Ray saw the texts that he had sent. "Mikey, you have a phone for a reason. So people can get a hold of you. Please answer your calls for once." Ray said, and laughed.

"Bro, you know what would be creepy?" Ray said. Nothing. "If you just turned your head right now, and stared at me blankly. I would shit my pants."

Ray watched Mikey closely to see how he would react. Ray knew that he had done good when he saw the corners of his mouth for a split second turn up, and Mikey's head moved the tiniest bit towards Ray, but then he stopped himself. Ray laughed out loud, just as Gerard and Frank walked in.

"What is so funny?" Frank asked. Ray shrugged. "Did Mikey talk, or move at all?" Ray shook his head.

"Nothing. It's kind of creepy." Ray said, but laughed again.

"Whatever, man." Frank said, and threw Ray a bag of McDonalds.