twenty four

I hate Mondays. The only good thing about it was practice, but I had that every day, so it wasn't anything special. 

After a few minutes of staying in the warmth of my bed, I pulled myself out of bed. I poured myself a bowl of cereal and checked my phone. No texts from Mikey, but a few from Brendon complaining about something. I scrolled through tumblr a bit more until I realized I would be late for school. 

I don't drive to school, I walk. Good exercise, you know? I made it to school just as the first bell rang, so I started to run. I made it into class just before the teacher, sighing in relief. 

The morning passed slowly. Lunch finally came, and I was pretty excited to see my friends. I didn't see them all weekend, and even though someone threw a party. I just felt like staying home and relaxing. Also some of my friends and I all planned for a huge Skype call. Pretty much all weekend I had a great time. 

"Yo, Pete!" Someone shouted. I high-fived someone, and sat down. We all talked about our weekends, but I made up some lie about going to some football game. 

"Look at the emos," Jeff said. I turned to see where he was pointing. It was Mikey and his group. "Pete, I will give ya twenty dollars if you can make Mikey cry." I smirked. This was too easy. 

"Ey!" I shouted. People turned to look at me, then at Mikey's table. I mean, that group wasn't hated. Gerard and Frank were actually pretty cool, I had a project once with Gerard. He was okay. Mikey was just weird. He was always on his phone, or putting his head down. He wasn't really weird, but my friends didn't like him. "Emos!" I shouted again. I saw Frank stiffen, but none of them looked at me. After a few more minutes, I tried again. "Come on, ya idiots? Did ya not hear me?" I kept a close eye on Mikey. He looked up at his brother, and said something. Frank nearly bristled, and Gerard looked down at his plate. Ray seemed indifferent. Mikey then turned to Frank, and said something to him. He seemed pissed. 

Without warning, Mikey got up from his seat almost clumsily, and walked out. I grinned and motioned towards my friends Vic and Oliver. We all got up as well and followed Mikey out. We were in the hallway when I called out to him once more. 

"Yo. Emo." I said. Mikey flinched, but kept walking. Vic and Oliver started taunting him. I watched as Mikey finally stopped in his tracks and turned around. 

"What the hell do you want?" He nearly shouted. I put on a lazy smile. Mikey stared at me for a few seconds, and his eyes softened for a split second. Vic took a step forward. 

"What did you just say?" Vic asked, and I heard Oliver take a step too. Mikey turned around again and sprinted. He ran down the hallway, and turned a few corners. Vic and Oliver kept running after him. I followed them slowly, and checked my phone. No texts from Mikey.

I stopped walking, and sent a message to Mikey, just saying hi.

Then, the weirdest thing happened.

A noise went off, like someone got a text, at the same moment that my text to Mikey delievered. I whipped around, and caught a glimpse of Mikey running down the hallway.

What?

No. No way.

No. I was just imagining. No way could my Mikey be that nerd. No.

I didn't even bother with following him. The door wasn't far away, so I could see him get into his car and drive away. He looked pretty upset.

No. I wasn't going to start caring about his feelings right now. Nope.

I have never cared about Mikey Way, the lame kid who went to my school, and I wasn't going to start now. Him and my  Mikey were different people.

----

I'm updating. Happy?

Just so you know, there is no plan for this book. I have no idea what I am doing with this.

Go read Grand Theft Autumn. It is way better than this.