116

"Wow. You managed to pinpoint my favorite place in the whole world." Mikey said dryly as they pulled into the parking lot. Pete laughed.

"No one is here, it is late!" He protested. As he parked, he reached over and grabbed Mikey's hand. Squeezing it, he looked into Mikey's eyes. "I have something really romantic and cheesy that I want to do. Will you let me do it?" Mikey narrowed his eyes but nodded.

Climbing out of the car, he looked at the football field of Jefferson High School. It was dark but the street lamps lit the place a little, the bleachers shiny,

"This better be so cheesy that I will puke." Mikey said. Pete giggled, and locked the car.

"It is something that will want all of the white girls to have a boyfriend."

"You are a white girl."

"Oh! Disrespect me again and I will have to throw my Starby's in your face!" Pete said in a high pitched voice. Mikey rolled his eyes. "Here, take this." Pete threw a shirt, and a football at Mikey.

The ball fell on the ground, while the shirt draped over Mikey's face.

"This smells." Mikey commented, pulling the shirt off and picking up the ball.

"Well, yeah." Pete responded. "Look at it." Mikey held the shirt out.

WENTZ. It said in big letters. Underneath that, it said 79.

It was his football jersey.

"I thought it would be a cute boyfriend thing to do, give you my jersey. If you don't want it, that is fine, I just thought-" Mikey cut Pete off with a kiss.

"Thank you." Mikey said softly. "But won't you need it?"

"I can just say my dog ate it."

"But you don't have a dog." Mikey clarified, confused. Pete laughed.

"Exactly. They don't need to know that." Pete grabbed Mikey's hand and started pulling him onto the field. "Come on!"