161

"Why would you want to date him after all of this?" Gerard asked, quieting his tone slightly.

"Because I genuinely care about him, and he cares about me." Mikey responded almost instantly. Pete smiled at him, even thought Mikey was looking at his brother.

Gerard sighed and sat down in a chair across from them. He rubbed his face with his hands before looking up.

"Why didn't you tell me, seriously?" His volume had dropped considerably.

"Because I was scared. I mean, this whole sexuality thing is kind of new to me." Mikey admitted. Gerard seemed to try to smile, but it came out as more of a grimace.

"Do you really care about my little brother?" The question was directed to Pete. Without hesitation he nodded.

"Yes. One hundred percent." Pete said. Mikey smiled at him.

There was a silence that lasted a few moments too long. Gerard finally broke it by standing up.

"Fine. Fine. Date, do whatever." Mikey let out a little sigh of relief. "But if you hurt Mikey in any way, I will fucking end you." Gerard threatened, pointing at Pete.

"I hope you will. If I do hurt him, I would readily accept death." Pete responded solemnly. Mikey kissed Pete on the cheek before springing up and wrapping his brother in a hug. Gerard smiled as he hugged him back.

"Now go. But stay in the house cause I want to question you guys more." Gerard said. Mikey beamed and pulled Pete upstairs.