Chapter 1 - Welcome

The sound of the alarm clock awoke Kiki from her slumber. The sound rang in her ears so loudly, it was like being woken up with police sirens right next to your ears. She slowly opened her eyes as she reached her hand out, tapping on the surface of her night stand as she struggled to find the clock. 

Phone, nope. Tissue box, nope. Ouch! House keys. 

She finally found the clock, forming her hand into a fist as she slammed on the snooze button, powering it off. Now that she had some peace and quiet, she rubbed her eyes, slowly sitting up in her bed. Even though she wore a tank top and shorts as pajamas, she always lost her battle with the warm California heat. 

Which reminded her;

"Note to self, get the air conditioner fixed." 

She pushed the bed sheets off of her body as she scotched over, her feet dangling from the side of the bed as she looked out the window. Her green eyes met a beautiful sun rise. She would always miss the sun rise back in Jasper, Nevada, but there was just something about this one that just seemed so pleasing to her. 

Once she was done admiring the view, she finally glanced over to her clock again to check the time. 

"7:00 am" 

Her lips formed into a frown as she cursed, collapsing back onto her bed. Not the best time to wake up. Especially on a Sunday. But whether she liked it or not, she had to start early today and hustle. Chores needed to be done, and plenty of it. 

With a huff, she pushed herself out of bed, stepping out of her tiny bedroom and turned to the right, entering the bathroom. She stripped herself down and took a quick shower to help wake herself up. When she was finished, she wrapped a towel around herself, drying off her body. Steam filled the room and it covered the entire bathroom mirror with mist. When she rubbed it off and saw her wet hair and saggy eyes, she yelped, stumbling back.

She relaxed, realizing it was her before she took a stern look at her reflection in the mirror. "We have got some serious work to do my friend."

She exited the bathroom and went back inside her room. As she did so, she nearly tripped over a box, falling forward before she caught herself by plopping down on the bed again. She breathed a sigh of relief before she glared down at the box. 

Kiki had just moved to Crown City last week. She was starting her job as a Cop in the Crown City Police Department. She decided to move a week early so she could get her bearings and find her way around the city. That way she wouldn't feel embarrassed or lost on her first day on the job. She didn't start until tomorrow, so she knew she had to get her work down by tonight.

Once her hair was dry, she changed into a t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. She tied her ginger orange hair back into a pony tail before picking up her phone and opening the Notes app, bringing up her today list. 

"1. Do laundry
  2. Call repairman
  3. Install Playstation 4
  4. Buy a fan if repairman can't come
  5. Go to the gym
  6. Finish unpacking boxes!!!" 

"Oh geez," she muttered. "First, I gotta eat." 

She walked down the hallway and entered the kitchen/living room space of her bungalow home. She got the place for practically a steal, and the best part was it was just down the street from the beach! 

She set her phone down on the counter, bringing up her music app as Selena Gomez's "Hands To Myself" quietly played in the background as Kiki made a bowl of cereal. She listened to the song, bobbing her head to the beat as she ate her breakfast. 

As she did so, she opened her Gmail account to find a new email waiting for her. It was a message from her parents. They were just checking in on her like they usually do, hoping she's settling in well in her new home, and that they wished her the best of luck tomorrow on her first day of work.