Chapter 4 - Patrol

Kiki and Strongarm were now patrolling the streets of downtown Crown City. Now with her added arsenal of the bullet proof vest and utility belt, Kiki's uniform was finally complete.

She cracked her knuckles, a nervous habit she developed as a child. Just mere hours ago, she had completely embarrassed herself in front of Bumblebee. Hey may have not acted like it, but Kiki assumed that the man thought she must have come off as a complete and utter weirdo.

Patrolling with Strongarm has helped taken her mind off of the incident, for the most part anyway. It still rattled in the back of her mind. Other than giving out the occasional parking ticket, there wasn't much going on in the city today. But then again, what can you expect on your first day at work? Especially if you're working in the police department?

"Are you feeling alright, Kiki?"

The girl snapped out of her train of thought, looking over at Strongarm who stood beside her, holding a pair of hot dogs in her hands. The two of them were by the park, taking a quick lunch break before going back out in the field.

"You seem quiet."

"I'm okay, Strongarm," Kiki assured her partner. "I'm probably just hungry."

"Good thing I brought these then," Strongarm smiled, handing her a hot dog. "You're off to a great start so far."

Kiki gave the officer an odd look as she took a bite into her lunch. "Really?"

"Sure, it's not the greatest thing in the world," the white haired woman reasoned. "But it is important."

"What? Giving people tickets and towing their cars so other people can get the chance to park?" I teased. "Instead of everyone else hogging all the spots for themselves?"

"It's more interesting when you put it like that!" Strongarm chuckled, taking a bite out of her hot dog.

The two of them continued to eat their lunch in silence for a few seconds, looking around the scenery of the park for any suspicious looking activity, before Strongarm turned her head back towards Kiki.

"It's about Bumblebee, isn't it?"

Kiki froze mid-bite as her eyeballs glanced over to the side. "Hmm?"

"The reason why you're so quiet," she repeated. "It had something to do with Bumblebee?"

Kiki bit her hot dog, swallowing it before she cleared her throat, rubbing the back of her neck with her free hand. "How did you know?"

"It took me a while to put two and two together," Strongarm spoke. "but I had a feeling, that's all."

"Well... yeah." Kiki admitted, shuffling in her spot.

"Why is that?" Strongarm questioned. "If you don't mind me asking."

Kiki's face started to heat up a bit. Should she tell her? I mean, she's only known Strongarm for a few hours and she's already slowly starting to figure it out. I mean, she had only known Mila for about 5 minutes before she figured out her crush on the guy, so how was this any different?

But Kiki didn't want this to turn into one of those situations where everyone knew she had a crush on the guy, and Bumblebee would be the only one who didn't know, and the whole situation would just be, well, a little too awkward for her to handle.

Kiki sucked in her gut, taking a breath before speaking up. "The thing is... I guess the whole, Bumblebee standing up for me back at the station, kind of caught me off guard."

"How come?" Strongarm asked.

The two of them proceeded to walk and talk down a pathway through the park as they continued to eat their lunch.