Chapter 9 - Rear Axle

This chapter is based of the Transformers: Robots In Disguise episode "Bumblebee's Night Off". Enjoy! 

******

"Thanks again for inviting me out tonight, Kiki,"

Bumblebee sat in the drivers seat of his yellow and black Urbana 500 sports car, driving himself and Kiki to Crown City's Rumble Dome, where tonight's concert was taking place. 

"No problem," Kiki smiled, her hair up in a pony tail as she wore a black tank top with a cameo jacke, skinny jeans and high top sneakers. "It's only fair since you invited me out yesterday. Are you excited?"

"Totally! I was a big fan of theirs in growing up," He explained, his face lighting up. "They play songs about fighting for justice and not giving up so long as the music is still playing!" 

Bumblebee wore a white sleeveless shirt with the phrase "Buzz off!" written on it with a black vest over top, light blue jeans and black boots. 

Kiki chuckled at the man as she turned her head to face him, tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear. "It sounds like you're still a fan of them---" She stopped when she saw Bumblebee's arms, the left hand on the steering wheel while the other was down near the gear shift. The way the outside lights shined on his muscles every three seconds, the blank ink from his tattoo standing out made her heart skip a beat. 

How the heck did he get so ripped?! Had he been working out non-stop since he was 12?

"Kiki? You okay?"

Bumblebee's voice ringing in her eyes flashed Kiki back into reality as her eyes widened, the girl shaking her head furiously as she leaned back into her seat. "Huh? Sorry, I'm fine!"

"Are you sure? You spaced out for a second there," The man spoke slowly, a hint of concern could be heard in his voice. "If you're not feeling well, it's not too late to go back."

"No, no, no, it's fine!" Kiki assured the man. "I guess I'm just a little anxious, and nervous," 

"Nervous?" Bumblebee repeated. "What's there to be nervous about at a Rear Axle concert?"

"I haven't listened to their music in years," Kiki explained. "I'm worried I'll stick out like a sore thumb!"

There was that, and before Bumblebee picked her up, Kiki had been binged listening to Rear Axle's music for the last few hours. She practically drowned her soul, trying to learn the lyrics to as many of their songs as her little brain could manage. Kiki had thought that if she learned some of their music, she hoped that she and Bumblebee could connect a bit more and have even more fun at the concert than they originally planned. 

"I'm sure you'll be fine," Bumblebee assured the girl, giving her a soft smile. "Just focus on the music and let yourself go. Their performances are legendary!"

The girl couldn't help but smile back at the brown skinned man as she focused her attention back on the road, just as they were pulling up towards the stadium. 

"So what do they have in store for us?" She asked. 

"Their Facebook page announced that their showing a new stage show with a space battle!" Bumblebee exclaimed, his eyes twinkling like a kid being given candy.

The car entered the stadium's parking lot and the place was completely packed! It didn't look like there was a single open space in sight! 

"Maybe we should have come a bit earlier?" Kiki suggested. 

"Judging by the music that's playing now, the opening act is still going on, so we have some time," Bumblebee predicted as he pulled up to the main entrance to the stadium. "I'll let you get off to get in and save our seats while I look for a parking spot."