Chapter 6 - Knockout

There was a loud ringing in Kiki's ears after the bomb went off. The sound was so high pitched, she swore she couldn't hear anything else that was around her. Kiki had her arms up, protecting her face from the flying glass. All she remembered was Bumblebee pushing her down.

Was he trying to push her out of the way of a incoming piece of glass?

She felt something drip on the left sleeve of her shirt. She lowered her arms away from her face, only to meet Bumblebee's gaze. His face was just mere inches away from hers. He was breathing heavily, his breath just grazing her nose as his chest rose and fell.

Kiki couldn't help but gap at the sight, a small gasp escaping her lips as her cheeks turned a light shade of red.

"Bumblebee..."

"Are you alright, Kiki?" The man asked, panting.

"You... you saved me." She spoke.

Bumblebee managed a small smile on his face. "Then I guess that's two you owe me," He teased, but not before suddenly growling under his breath harshly, his teeth grinding.

"Bumblebee?" Kiki spoke up with concern.

There it was again. Something dripped down, this time crashing down on Kiki's left cheek. The girl's eyes scanned his form, and noticed a red liquid leaking from his right shoulder, staining his uniform.

Her eyes widened at the sight. "Oh god... y-your bleeding!"

"Wha--?" Bumblebee tried to push back, but the pain was so unbearable that he bent back down again.

"No, no, don't move!" Kiki cautioned, gently placing her hands on his chest to steady him. "Try not to move, okay?"

Bumblebee met Kiki's gaze again, trying his best to not think about the pain as he nodded in reply. Kiki carefully crawled backwards, shimmying her way out of Bumblebee's protection before she quickly sat up, kneeling beside him as she scanned the area around her.

There were shattered pieces of glass everywhere on the ground. Firefighters had moved in to take out the smoke. It looked like hell broke lose here.

"Help!" She called, waving her hand. "Someone, officer down!"

"Kiki!"

Strongarm and Jazz ran out of the crowd, jogging towards the pair as they looked upon the state of their friend in shock.

"What happened?" The cadet asked with concern.

"Bumblebee got hit with a piece of glass," Kiki explained as she pointed at the shard in his shoulder. "He did it to save me."

Jazz stalked over to his partner, kneeling in front of him. "Bee, can you stand?"

"I--" The lieutenant coughed, placing a hand on his arm. "I think so,"

Jazz walked over to Bumblebee's good side, slowly helping the man to his feet as he placed his arm around his shoulders, carrying his friend. "He needs medical attention, stat!"

"I'll signal an ambulance," Strongarm spoke up, running a head. 

"Is there anything else we can do to help him?" Kiki asked with concern. 

"It's too dangerous to pull that thing out of him," Jazz cautioned. "Well, here at least."

"It's not that bad," Bumblebee defended with a painful moan. "I've been through worse."

"Man, are you trying to make the new girl worry even more?" Jazz raised a brow at his partner.

"I got one!" Strongarm called, waving her hands at the group.