Chapter 2 - Sight Seeing

During their work out, Kiki took the time to get to know her newly made friend. Apparently Mila studied fashion design at her university. She now has a job working for one of the job fashion companies in the country!

And that workout uniform she was wearing? She designed it herself!

After finishing their training at the gym, Mila was kind enough to help Kiki find a near by Wal-Mart to go buy the fan she needed for her home.

"Use that thing as much as possible," Mila advised. "It's nearly impossible to call a repairman around here."

"Why's that?" Kiki asked.

"They don't like to work in this heat," Mila answered. "As long as the summer season sticks around, you aren't going to get anywhere with them."

"Well then, I just can not wait to see my next electrical bill..." Kiki muttered with disappointment.

Mila laughed as the two of them walked up the front porch steps of Kiki's home. It was just a little past noon, so the city, especially this neighborhood was really staring to buzz with life, considering she lived just down the street from the beach.

"Whoa," Mila whistled as the two of them entered inside the property. "Nice place you got here."

"Thanks," Kiki smiled as she tossed her gym bag to the side. "Grab a drink if you'd like, make yourself comfortable."

Mila placed her bag down on the couch as she walked over to the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge. Kiki unboxed the fan carefully, pulling the machine out as she assembled the legs before plugging it in.

"Got it working?" Mila asked, the sounds of her footsteps growing louder as she entered the living room.

Kiki pressed a middle setting button and it buzzed to life. She fist pumped the air in celebration. "It lives!"

"You sure are a funny one," Mila laughed as she nudged Kiki's shoulder with something cold. The ginger haired girl turned around to see a Brisk Ice Tea can in her friend's hand. "Want it?"

"Thanks," Kiki smiled, taking the drink as she stood up from the floor. The two of them opened their drinks before toasting each other and taking a large gulp of the drink. "Gosh I needed that."

"You said it," Mila agreed. "Although I prefer Pepsi, and that kind of thing."

"Soda?" Kiki asked for clarification.

"Yeah, that." Mila nodded.

"Oh, sorry about that," Kiki apologized. "I don't really drink that stuff, so I don't have any here in the house."

"You don't drink soda?" Mila asked.

"None," Kiki shook her head. "I don't know why, really. I guess I'm just not used to the taste. Like how it fizzes in your mouth and throat?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Mila nodded in understanding. "Well, I guess that means less chances of getting cavities."

"Nobody likes to get holes drilled into their teeth, that's for sure." Kiki sighed, slouching on the couch.

Mila sat on the chair next to Kiki as the two took a sip of their drinks, looking around the room. Mila cleared her throat, looking over at the girl. "So? Did you want to do anything else?"

"Well, I'm technically supposed to finish unpacking my things," Kiki recalled, rubbing her forehead with her free hand. "But I'm not really in the mood to do all of that."

"I hear you," Mila nodded. "How about something fun?"

"Like what?" Kiki asked.

"I don't know," Mila shrugged. "Want to check out the beach? You have at least seen it during your first week here, right?"