Chapter 8 - Taking The Plunge

"What happened next?"

The next morning, Mila had come over to Kiki's place so the ginger haired girl could tell her all about her "date" with Bumblebee last night. Despite Kiki claiming the pairs little get together was just two friends hanging out and not an actual date, Mila was't buying it. 

"After that, we finished our dance and then he drove me home." Kiki replied, pacing slowly around the living room. 

"He drove you home?! Score!" Mila squealed, shaking with excitement as she sat in the love seat. "All aboard the love train! Choo, choo!"

Kiki couldn't help but laugh as she picked up a pillow from the couch, playfully tossing it at her friend. "Cut it out, Mila."

"Oh come on, Kiki," Mila sat up from her chair, walking slowly towards her friend. "First he lets you fix his tie, compliments you, asks you to dance with him, then he willingly snakes his hand down to your waist--"

"It was to give me better support, so I wouldn't fall to the floor!" Kiki interrupted. 

"Furthermore," Mila spoke up, completely ignoring the green eyed girl. "He then offered to drive you home."

"So what's your point?" Kiki asked. "If it was a date, he would have said something." 

"It may not be a date according to you, but all of those things he did? It totally means that he's into you, and sometime soon, he's going to ask you out." Mila stated. 

"I don't believe that one bit," Kiki waved it off, making her way into the kitchen.  

"And why not?" Mila questioned as she smirked at the girl, placing her hands on her hips. 

"Did you hear what I told you what happened before all of that? Mila, that was my first time dancing for months! I was so tense and nervous, I couldn't stop looking down at my feet, and I nearly took Bumblebee down with me when I tripped." Kiki recalled.

"So?" Mila raised a brow at the girl.

"So?" Kiki repeated, pulling a bottle of Brisk Ice Tea out of the fridge. 

"So why don't you think he'll ask you out?" Mila asked. 

"I might have embarrassed him for all I know," Kiki stated, taking a bug gulp of her drink. "He probably doesn't want to even talk to me." 

"Oh come on, Kiki, that's bull crap and you know it!" Mila defended. "Bumblebee doesn't break that easily."

*******

"I might have embarrassed her for all I know!" 

Bumblebee was pacing the living room nervously as his room-mate Knockout lounged on the couch, listening to his former boyfriend share his insecurities. 

"It doesn't sound that bad," The red head spoke up, speaking calmly.

"That bad? That bad?!" Bumblebee rose his voice in a panic, grabbing his hair. "Knockout, you weren't there! You didn't see what I did!" 

"I may not have been there," Knockout replied as he sat up from his seat. "But judging from what you described and how I'm mentally picturing it in my head, you're over-reacting just a little bit." 

"Over-reacting?" Bumblebee repeated. 

"Try to relax. Listen," The red head walked over to the brown skinned man, placing a hand on his shoulder. "If I was in your shoes last night and went to that party instead of you, and danced with Kiki, I would have done the same thing."

Bumblebee raised a brow at the man with surprise. "Seriously?"

"Of course it's your fault for being an excellent dancer and sweeping your partners off their feet," Knockout teased with a smirk, patting Bumblebee on the shoulder as he walked away towards the kitchen. "Speaking from personal experience of course."