Chapter 18

Thor and Jane were following Odin when I found them.
"There are relics that pre-date the universe itself" Odin said as he walked towards a book. The book was located at the end of a room that seemed to have a holographic tree. Above the tree was a myriad of colours ranging from the deepest blues to the brightest pinks. It was truly beautiful. "What lies within her appears to be one of them" Odin continued.

"The Nine Realms are not eternal. There was a dawn, it will have a dusk" Odin stated whilst opening the golden book, the pages shines and the illustrations moved. I would love the read the book because it looks really cool however I don't have time for that as there is an important matter at hand. "Before that dawn the dark forces- the dark elves reigned absolute and unchallenged." Odin told.

"Born of eternal night the dark elves come to steal away the light. I know these stories mother read them to us as children" Thor read as he reminisced. I wonder if Loki will tell our child these stories. "Their leader Malekith made a weapon called the Aether. While the other relics often appear as stones the Aether is a fluid as ever-changing. It changes matter into dark matter, it seeks out host bodies drawing strength from their life-force" Odin said. Thor, Jane and I exchanged worried glances.
"So this is why my shield couldn't stop it?" I wondered aloud.
"Yes" Odin stated in a bored manner.

Why doesn't he like me it's getting annoying.

"Malekith intended to use the Aether to turn the universe to one of darkness. But after eternities of bloodshed my father Borr finally triumphed, ushering in the peace that lasted thousands of years" He continued proudly.
"What happened?" Jane asked.
"He killed them all." Odin deadpanned dramatically.
"Are you sure?" I questioned.
"The Aether was said to be destroyed and yet here it is" Thor commented.
"The Dark Elves are dead." Odin glared at me as he straightened showing his dominance.
"Does the book happen to mention how to get it out of me?" Jane questioned.
"No, it doesn't" Odin said sadly.
"Of course it doesn't" I muttered. Causing Odin to glare at me.

I visited Loki, I thought I should inform him of what's going on. I sat myself on the steps beside his cell as he sat on the other side of the cell wall, as close as possible to each other.

"You know you can teleport in here, or me out, right?" Loki question mischievously.
"I'm aware, but I don't wanna piss Odin off and risk myself getting put in one of these" I smirked back.
"Although breaking you out sounds tempting..." I grinned.
"I thought you was bowing down to authority I was worried it wasn't you" Loki smirked.
I used my fields to walk through the holographic walls unscathed and sat beside Loki as I hugged him.

"Hello" I smiled.
"Hello, why did you come today then?" Loki asked.
"Well unfortunately there's no time for jokes with Thor and Jane because Jane has the Aether in her" I told him.
"An infinity stone?" Loki gasped with a hint of fear behind his eyes.
I looked at him confused. What's an infinity stone? I think he read my mind because he began to explain "like the Tesseract- but it's a dark force and much worse"
"Oh joy!" I sighed sarcastically.