Chapter 2.

Soon, running became walking, then walking became well. Slower walking. 

I was exhausted. I didn't think I could go any longer. Until I smelled a very faint trace of the blood moon pack border. It smelled like pine, vanilla. I mind linked my brother Ryan. 

He found his mate a long time ago, but they wouldn't let him take his mate away from the pack. So he now lives there happily with his mate Mariah.  ' Ryan? The pack was destroyed. Mom. And dad are 

dead and I'm pretty sure Jake and Dave are too' even my kind link cracked as I said this and more tears started to make there way down my face. ' oh my god.... I'll alert the Alpha!' He replied ' were are you?' He asked through the link. ' I don't know but some gards are approaching I'll  ask them.  The gards ran to me. I obviously looked like some sort of rouge, which I now was but then it looked like 

someone mind linked them and one of them said " Are you Carlisia Adams?" He looked tough. A scar ran across his face that made him look intimidating, but when he spoke to me it sounded soft and gentle as if not o scare me. " yes I am may I see my brother Ryan?" My voice was course and I still had 

fresh tears on my face. " Of course, come with me." The man said. After a while of silence between you two he spoke up. " my names Xavier by the way." I decided to speak " you already know my name.." I said. He seemed to take that as a ' please just shut up' sort of thing so he remained quiet. 

After a while of walking we climbed a small hill to see a very large town. Not THAT big but it at least held about 2,500 people. On top of another small hill was a very nice house. Almost like an apartment building but different. ' the pack house'  I thought. It was a small pack house but it was still rather large. It maybe housed the Alpha, his family, the Beta, his family, and maybe some third in commands and some small pack families. 

Up ahead I saw my brother Ryan and his mate Mariah.  " Ryan!" I yelled as I burst out in tears. " there're dead Ry! There're dead!" I cried  into his shoulder. Soaking his shirt with my tears.  " I know" he said his voice cracking at the end. " our p-pack is destroyed. There's nothing left but dead bodies and ashes!" I continued to sob into his chest and shoulder until I literally cried myself to sleep. 

Ryan's pov

Mom and dad are dead! There gone. All if my old home is gone my two younger brothers are rouges or dead and my little sister traveled here on foot. That's at least 20 miles. I broke down as I saw my little sister falling asleep in my arms. as soon as she did I picked her up and walked back to the pack house 

were I lived. When the beta died the Alpha recruited me. I was the Alpha' s third in command. I guess you could say I got a new promotion.  

Mariah followed right behind me the whole way to the pack house. When we got there she put a hand on my shoulder " it's gonna be okay Ry" she said. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. 

Carli was on my left shoulder. I don't think she's slept in days. I laid her down on a guest bedroom bed. The guest room was in the middle of my apartment and the Alpha's. so if something wet wrong we would hear her. 

 I decided to at least take a nap. But all that would haunt my dreams were my parents. My family. My pack. I fell into an uncomfortable sleep with Mariah at my side.