Chapter 14

Carli's pov.

I knew that this was no coincidence when I found out that her pack and mine were destroyed. I had to do something about it. I can't have anymore people die and suffer because of rouges. I had a feeling that the people responsible had to be rouges.

"Steal, can we please look into this more right now?" I asked him.

"Carli, it's 1 in the morning can we please get some sleep." He said tired.

"Okay, but first thing tomorrow." I said a yawn escaping my lips. "I'm not even tired yet though."

"Yeah right." He said rolling his eyes. 
I didn't say anything, I just turned around and started to walk back to our bedroom. It felt weird calling it our bedroom, not in a bad way, but it felt nice. Sometimes I feel like the mate thing is weird. It brings love at first sight to a whole new level. But, I know the moongoddes probably knows best.

I changed into some shorts and a tank top before crashing myself onto the bed. Wrapping myself in the covers. Steal walked into the room. He took off his shirt and sweats before climbing into bed beside me.

I tried closing my eyes and getting into a comfortable position, but even though I was tired. I couldn't fall asleep.

I tossed and turned for a good hour before I heard Steal say groggily. "Babe go to sleep."  I replied fully awake.  "I can't. The demon known as awake had captured my soul." 

He chuckled before wrapping his arms around me and resting his face in the crook of my neck. "Better?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said feeling my eyelids drop. Slowly, I let myself relax and before I knew it darkness consumed me.

When I woke up Steal was gone, but there was a note on the bedside table that said.

Hey baby, in my office trying to figure out the rouge attacks, when your ready come see me k? ;). <3

I smiled knowing he woke up to go do the thing I asked for. I still kinda wasn't over him thinking I didn't know how to actually do shit, but he's making up for it. Kinda.

I changed into something comfortable but cute and headed out the door to his office. "Morning." I said when I walked in. "More like afternoon." He chuckled before going back to his work. "Any leads while I was asleep." I asked. "Not really, but other packs have seen more and more rouge sightings sense your pack was destroyed. Maybe that doubled when Maureen's was destroyed too.

"Mhmmmm" I said trying to think of someway we could get to the bottom of this.
"Do any of Maureen's pack have any captured rouges?" I asked. "Well I'm not sure if a pack would be focused on capturing rouges whilst getting there home destroyed Carli. He said sarcastically.

"Sorry" I said. "Doofus" I whispered under my breath.

"Heard that." Just then my stomach growled signaling hunger.
"Do you want anything to eat?" I asked innocently.
"Yeah sure" he said a smirk on his face.
I smiled evilly. "To bad. Make it yourself" I said before turning and walking to the kitchen. I was getting pretty good at getting around the house.

I was in the middle of cooking some waffles when Steal came into the room.

"The WhiteStone pack is under attack. It's the closest pack to us." I have to go. Stay. Here" he said pointing at the ground I was currently standing on. "Your taking our wolfs to fight with them? Not that I'm against it but just clarifying." I said all in one sentence. I was starting to talk fast, I do that in weird situations sometimes.

"I wanna capture a rouge!" He smiled and ran out the door. A pair of basketball shorts tied around his ankle.

I decided to stay because I'm every book I've ever read. As soon as the girl leaves she gets captured and goes through lots of torchere, mentally and physically. So no fucking thank you.

Steal came home the next day with lots of little cuts here and there, but the one that really got my attention was the huge gash on his side and stomach. That's when everything turned black.

"I love you Carli....."