Chapter 15

Carli's pov

Flashbacks of my mother and father dying came racing into my mind. I remember my mothers last words to me were that she loved me. I remembered my fathers last words as well. I never really thought deeper into his words but now his words brought confusion. I'd never hear what he was to say. 'There's something I have to tell you' I think he said.

When I woke up. I rapidly blinked my eyes trying to keep the tears at bay. I looked up to see Steal, a worried look on his face. "He had to tell me something" I whispered "who. Who had to tell you something?" He asked confusion written all over his face. "My dad." I said letting some tears escape.

It was then I realized I was on the floor, and my head was hurting. "What happened?" I asked looking at the floor.
"You blacked out, for a good 30 minutes." He said holding out an arm. Offering to help me up. I took up his offer and raised my hand to his.

Once I was off the ground i looked down at his side. "Come on" I said before dragging him to one of the bathrooms. I sat him on the toilet and began swabbing the gash with alcohol. Ignoring the hisses and various other noises indicating pain. I grabbed a needle and some thread and started to stitch up his wound. I knew how to do this because when I was younger I was interested in being a nurse. Not anymore I guess.

After I was done. I patted the stitched wound dry before wrapping it in gauze. "There, all better." I said. "Carli, what did you see when you passed out?" He asked me.

"I saw the memory of my parents dying," I said. "I keep trying to remember what my dad had to tell me." 
I said. "still trying to put together the pieces." I finished.

"I wish I could meet them." I heard him mumble.
I pretended not to hear it before smiling at him and walking out of the bathroom.
I went into the kitchen and made up a quick lunch before Steal came back into the room. "I made you lunch." I said handing him a plate that consisted of a grilled cheese with bacon and French fries. It's not that hard to make.

"Thank you." He said. "For everything, your the best mate a guy could have."  He smiled at me before spitting his lunch in half and putting it on another plate. "Here, I want you to eat with me." He said before handing me a napkin. "Thanks."  I said before digging into my food.

We ate in silence. It was a comfortable silence. The kind when your riding in your car alone. I smiled knowing i could eat in silence with my mate without anything being awkward.

"What are you smiling about?" Steal asked me finishing his food. 

"Nothing just thinking." I replied, finishing up my food as well.

"So what happened at the rouge attack?" I asked trying to create small talk. I know right, it's like 'so did you kill lots of rouges? You did? Awesome!'

"There was a rouge attack, I worked on capturing any. I only killed the ones who tried to kill me." He said whilst getting up to rinse his plate.

"Well did you capture any?" I asked
"Well, yes. I did. I'm planing on interrogating them tonight, see if they have anything to do with the attacks."  He answered grabbing my plate as well along with rinsing it.

"Can I come with you? Ya know to help." I asked. Hopping he would say yes. I need answers. I need to know why my parents had to die.

"I guess, but if anything gets to out of hand for you I want you to leave." He said with a worried expression. I felt like that wasn't the reason. I felt like he was hiding something from me.

I shrugged it off, I was probably just exaggerating anyway.

"Well let's go." I said standing up and walking towards the dungeons.

"Hey! Wait up!" He called after me, jogging up to where I was.

He opened the dungeon doors and held them open for me. 'Such a gentleman' I though rolling my eyes.

He led me through a dark hallway the occasional orange hue that emitted from a small light attached to the ceiling every 20 feet or so glowed in the darkness.

We continued to walk through the silent dungeon. The only sound coming from the tapping sound of our feet hitting the cold pavement floor. And the quiet breathing from the occasional prisoner.

The dungeon is also were criminal pack members lie. The bars are made with silver so no werewolf can break them.

We stopped at a cell at the end of the hallway. An orange lite was attached to the ceiling of the cell. I turned to see something I never thought I would see ever in my life.

My brother Dave handcuffed to a bed. His face blank as he stared back at me. A shocked expression on his face.

He then smiled. Not a friendly smile. An evil smile. Something that did not suit the brother I knew. The brother I grew up with. "I found you." He whispered. "I finally found you!" He said louder. A sickening laugh emitted from his throat.

"Dave?" I asked almost on the verge of tears, but I didn't feel sad, I felt angry.

"Why are you here!" I yelled grabbing ahold of the bars. "Who is this Carli?" Steal asked concern laced in his voice.

"This is my brother, David," I replied.

"I am not your brother!" He suddenly screamed insanely. "What are you talking about?" I asked him, again feeling angry. I still needed answers. And I was going to get them.

"Oh? So mother and father didn't tell you quick enough? Sweety, they're not your parents. Or at least your real parents." He finished. "What?" I whispered. "Oh no your parents are much more important! You were hidden from them! Yes! They changed your appearance!" He yelled.

He was sociopathic! It scared me. Not 4 months ago he was my sweet little brother. Now he was a crazy person.

"How do I reveal my true appearance then?" I asked venom lacing my voice. I knew the answer. The only way my appearance could change is magic so that is were I'm going to start.

"Carlisia is your real name. But that is your only clue my dear sister!" He yelled his eyes changing color from black to yellow then back to his normal color green.

"Where is Jake?" I asked

"Dead! I killed him!" He tried to betray him!" He yelled crazy laced in every word.

"Who is him?" Steal asked finally speaking up. "I would never tell you mut!" He yelled pulling against his handcuffs.

Steals eyes turned black. I leaned in to his ear to where only he could hear.

"Kill him." I whispered in his ear before turning around and walking out of the dungeons.

That was when I heard a sickening scream of my 'brother' as I closed the large door.