Chapter 14

The doorbell rang.

It was exactly 3 PM.

Hoseok ran down the stairs, a wide grin on his face. He opened the door and his sister stood in the doorway. Dawon (I'm sorry if the name is wrong, just go ahead and correct me) looked just like him, the same eyes and their facial features were the same, too.

"Hoseokie!", she said while tippy-toeing to hug him. He wrapped his arms around her and smiled. "I missed you so much", he mumbled into her hair.

She nodded and walked in, greeting everyone until she looked at you.

"I am-"

"I know, Hoseok told me a lot about you", she smiled warmly at you; you just smiled back.
"It's nice to meet you", you stuttered out and bowed a bit.
"Likewise, (y/n)", she replied.

She was really calm and collected, unlike her brother who was very energetic and happy-going.

After she put her jacket and bag away, Hoseok dragged her to the living room and took out a small box with the necklace in it.
"Look what I bought for you!", he exclaimed and gave her the box.

Dawon opened it and smiled, hugging him and thanking him.
"I have one question, though", she said. Hoseok nodded, making her go on.
"Who helped you buying it? I like it so much and I know it's not your taste", she chuckled.

He pouted, crossing his arms in front of his chest like a child.
"You don't think I could buy this on my own?", he asked and she shook her head laughing.

"I know you too well."

He laughed and pointed at you, who stood awkwardly in the kitchen, helping Seokjin with the dinner.
"Do you really think the boys would have helped me? No way, it was (y/n)", he grinned and you smiled a bit.

"I knew it", the girl said and chuckled. You turned back to the pan, a firm smile resting on your lips, and continued cooking with the oldest of BTS. You two chatted about Hoseok's sister, so you could talk with her a bit more.

*le timeskip to after dinner brought to you by Jimin's habit of running his fingers through his hair*

Dawon tapped your shoulder, so you turned around, from the corner of your eye, you saw Jimin and Yoongi heading to Yoongi's bedroom.

"Yeah?", you asked.

"I heard about you, Jimin and Yoongi. Maybe, I can help you somehow", she proposed and you had to blink a few times before realizing what she meant.

"Yeah, I would need some advise", you confessed with a sigh.

You both sat down on the couch.

//Yoongi and Jimin//
Jimin and Yoongi sat down on the bed, both of them feeling a bit uncomfortable. But the two of them couldn't just ignore that subject forever.

Yoongi cleared his throat, breaking the screaming silence between them.
"Did... did you kiss her?", he asked carefully, hoping for a 'no'. But Jimin nodded hesitantly, looking down at the hands resting in his lap.

"I-I see", Yoongi said after a while. Jimin could feel the disappointment in his voice and sensed the body of the older boy tense.

"And did you?"

"No. I don't think there would've been the right time."

Yoongi looked out of the window, the sun has already set and the everlasting darkness of the night has spread on the landscape. Only the moon, high up in the starry sky, lighted up the dark and dyed it into a cold, white tone.

"Where have you actually been?", Yoongi asked, slightly amused by himself because he didn't ask that question first.

"We were at the amusement park together. We also lasered our faces in the lolli pops", Jimin said with a faint smile lingering on his lips.

"And what did you do?", he added and looks up for the first time since he entered the room.

"We went to a restaurant, afterwards I-", Yoongi started but stopped himself for a moment.
"We.. we drove to the cliff", he ended the sentence and studied his feet.

Jimin smiled a bit, straightening his back not to stiffen up so much.

"Yoongi Hyung", Jimin said with some hesitation, his voice shaking a bit. Yoongi's head bobbed up to look at Jimin.
The younger boy smiled with a glint of nostalgia hidden behind his curled up lips.
Like he would both, regret and not regret, the words he was about to say.

"Yeah?"

"I didn't take her there."

//Dawon and You//
You told her the basic details and stopped after the two dates. She listened carefully, sucking in the information and processing it.

"And now I'm confused. I like them both, but I can't stand between the two of them forever. The problem is, I believe they wanted to show their ideal date that day. Jimin was super cute, caring and we had a lot of fun. Yoongi, on the other side, was very romantic, showing a more mature side of himself."

Dawon nodded. "And you said Jimin kissed you but Yoongi didn't, right?'

"Exactly."

"Would you have kissed Jimin if he didn't kiss you first?", she asked and looked directly at you.

After some time of thinking, you shook your head.

"That would have just made up misunderstandings."

She smiled at you, taking one of your hand.
"Listen inside you. Do you really like Jimin or are you just blinded by the fact that he likes you? And what about Yoongi? Is he really the one you.. love?"

//Yoongi and Jimin//
"Wait, you did not take her to the cliff?", Yoongi asked to make sure he just did not mishear anything.

Jimin nodded, his brown bangs covering his eyes. His vision started to become blurry, he knew exactly he was about to cry but he suppressed the salty liquid from escaping from his eyes.
His hands fomed fists until his knuckles became white and he clenched his jaw, in hopes of making it stop tremble.

He tried his best to maintain the smile on his lips, which covered up how hurt he actually was by his own words and actions.

But he knew he did the right thing. That was what he sincerely, from the bottom of his heart, believed, what he hoped.
That he would not regret it afterwards.

"Why?", Yoongi wanted to know, his voice sad, "I thought you liked her-"

"Yoongi Hyung."

"What is it, Jiminie?"

Jimin looked up at Yoongi, tears filling in his eyes.
Yoongi's eyes widened for a moment, wanting to comfort Jimin because he saw what was going on. But the latter shook his head slightly, making Yoongi stop doing what he wanted to do.

Even though he just wanted to cry, he managed to smile at the boy in front of him. He gulped, taking a breath, before going on.
He felt one tear leaving the corner of his eye, slowly trailing down his cheek, right beside his shaking lips, and dropping off his chin, falling on his hands.

"You can have her."