Chapter 1

Nina helped me unpack my things and she goes downstairs to surprise the other residents here.

After I finish unpacking, I follow Nina downstairs and saw the others. Nina saw me, “Oh, before I forget, she’s Diana Rivera, our new Anubis resident...” She introduced me to them and they all smile. They also seem nice.

“Hey guys! I’m new here, so bare with me and my weird things... around the house.” I smiled and got some drinks and cupcakes in the table after. Oh, how I love cupcakes!

Jerome stands beside me and took some foods too. “Hey Diana, we meet again.” He said as if we haven't seen each other for centuries.

“And we’re going to meet over and over again.” I said jokingly, but it seems like it was a corny joke after all.

“Okay, hey I need to go.” he said and walk towards a skinny boy.

“Yeah.” I answered and he left me alone. Wow, I blew up my chance on him.

I walk around the area and saw Nina and Fabian talking inside the kitchen with Nina holding a familiar locket.

“Where did you get the locket of the Eye of Horus?” I surprised them with the question and they shrieked.

“How did you know about this locket?” Nina whispered to me, signalling that we should hush hush a bit more.

“I believe that the locket has been missing for years. My family have a background on Egypt stuffs because of my great grandfather. He always tells me about these kind of stuff.” I told them straightforward.

“That’s great. We need you in our group.” Fabian said with no hesitations.

“What group?”

“Sibuna.” Nina added

“What am I going in that group?” I asked them. I was a bit nervous, they sound scary. Are they sure they want me to be in this... group?

“It seems like you know about Egyptian mythology. We kind of need that more here in our group.” Nina said.

“Okay. That sounds cool..." I politely said.

“Yes! Sibuna?” Fabian told me, and does a hand sign.

“Sibuna?” And I followed him.

“I know some of you are late here, especially you Ms. Rivera so you need to cope up with our lessons.” Our History Teacher told me, infront of the class, “Ms. Jaffray, since she’s your housemate, why not help her with our past lessons?” he added.

“Uhm, Mr. Sweet, I can do it on my own.” I said abruptly, Mr. Sweet looks at me, quite amused.

“Are you sure?” he asked me.

“Yes.” Just as he was about to say something, the school bell rang and he told us to pass our assignments on our next class.

Thank God, my first day of school’s over.

I came back to Anubis House, exhausted.

I am alone in my room, then I heard someone calling me.

“Diana.” I know that voice...

“Senkhara. What are you doing here?” I looked behind me but I didn't saw anyone. Worried, I started to get my things and just as I walk out the room, I felt her presence.

“I just want you to get that Eye of Horus locket from the Chosen One.”

“Why me?” I asked her.

“Get it, Diana. It's for OUR own good... and if you did something wrong, you’re going with me.” I feel a heavy wind inside the room and then it became silent. She leaves me.

I have a duty to do as a Hathorian.

I do have powers, and I need to protect the Eye of Horus locket. My mind’s so messed up. I don’t know who to follow.

“Diana!” I looked at my back and I saw Willow waving at me, “Trudy told me to call you, dinner’s ready!” She said.

“Uhm, okay. I'm coming.” I fixed myself before going downstairs. As I reach the dinner table, I saw Nina and Fabian smiled at me, Patricia who just rolled her eyes, and Jerome, greeting me with a big smile on his face.

I think I’m starting to have a headache.

Edited: 10/02/16
Edited: 07/07/21