Killing Set: 2. Reunions

Monday

Luckily, I don't have classes every Monday for this term. I took a train and a cab on the way and might stay at Alfie's place for a bit. We decided to hang out for a while before the Reunion.

I was sitting on the couch, thinking about Diana. Will she come? Will she speak to me again? I just realised she didn't even bother to reply to me in my text last week. I just sighed. Alfie handed me a bottled soda and drink some.

"You look tired?" he asked and I just smiled. He just shook his head. "She's coming." he said, making me look at him and he smiles.

"Do you really think she just break up with me without saying a word? Is that her way of saying, 'I don't love you anymore'?" I asked him but he just continues to drink his soda and I did too.

×××××

Alfie drove on the way to our school. When we got out of the car, my phone vibrated again.

Say goodbye to them. -h

The texting stopped last week but it's making me bother right now. Who will kill me?

"Jerome. Are you okay?" Alfie asked me.

I hid my phone in my pocket, "Uh, yeah. Yes. Let's go now." I said, pushing him towards the school building.

When we got to the venue, the music is so loud I can't even hear Alfie telling me how he and Willow spent their vacation and how they love each other... Or make love... I don't know.

I looked around and saw Eddie. Ah, yes. Why wouldn't he come here? I saw him walk towards me and Alfie. He looks at me then Alfie who is now dancing awkwardly. I just shook my head. "How was college?" he shouted in my ear but I didn't bother because of the loud music.

"It was great!" I shouted back. "How are you and Patricia?" I asked him but I can see him sigh.

I made an O-shaped and left them to find Diana. But it seems that I can't see her. Maybe she didn't come, maybe she's busy doing her classes in New York. Maybe she's telling me that it's over. I sighed and turned around to find Alfie...

But someone pulled me and we end up getting out of the auditorium. I can't see her face because she just keeps pulling me and maybe because my eyes are adjusting now. We stopped at a classroom I used to go to. "Diana?" I said, seeing her face when she locked the classroom's door. She came towards me and started kissing me torridly.

This is odd. She became more mature by the way she looks and kisses. I kissed back and everything became hot around me. Then I realized something.

She became Charlotte.

Edited: 07/13/21