Chapter 5

I go downstairs and Fabian saw me, "What's wrong?" I heard him.

"Oh, Fabian. Nothing. It's just that new girl here, I think I know her somewhere..." I answered while smiling awkwardly. He looks around the area and proceeds to talk to me when he realized no one's near us.

 "That's weird." He added while nodding.

"Wait, I think I know where she came from." I walk again upstairs while Fabian follows me. I opened the notebook my parents gave me and then saw her picture.

"Is that Charlotte? Why is she wearing vintage clothes?" Fabian asked. I just looked at him. "Oh, it's a long story isn't it?" I nod as I walk away from the room, Fabian still following me. 

I knew it. I knew where she came from. She is the Horus! I knocked on Charlotte's room and she opened the door. "Diana!"

"Charlotte..." I said, quite caught off guard with how she opened her room's door.

"You're here because you're finding me aren't you?" I asked her. Her face lights up and smiles then realized Fabian is standing behind my back. "Does he..." she pointed her finger at him and I nod rapidly. "So, you're the Hathorian?"

"Yes. Yes, I am and you're the Horus that I need to protect." I said with a big smile.

"So, I bet we're going to become good friends, yeah?" I added and hugged her.

I woke up still feeling sleepy. I looked at the clock to see that it's time for breakfast. After I took a quick bath, I decided to check Charlotte's room if she's there...

But I didn't saw her.

"Where's Charlotte?!" I asked them as soon as I reached the table. I took a seat next to Jerome and then I heard footsteps going down the stairs.

An old man.

"Victor!" I heard Jerome said that made me jumped in my seat, "You're back! Hooray!"

 I whispered, "Don't do that again Jerome."

"Oh. Sorry." He said and smiled.

"Who are you?" he asked me, making me jump again. I look at him and stand on my chair.

"I-I am... Uh... Diana Rivera. A new student... Yeah, uh... Nice to meet you." I go out of the house with my bag and one by one, the Anubis residents have gone out of the house. 

But I didn't go straight to the school and instead, I walk towards the woods to look for Charlotte.

Then I heard someone running and screaming. I walk towards the person, following the voice and saw Charlotte. "Charlotte!" I shouted. "What happened to you?" I asked her. She catch her breathe and speak,

"Nephthys... She's back." Scared, she runs back inside the house.

"What?" I said as I followed her back. "Why would Nephthys found you here?" I asked her as I follow her upstairs.

Charlotte looks at me straight in my eyes, "She wants me." I can see it in her eyes that she's really worried.

"Then we should stop her..." and she nodded.

I'm inside the mini auditorium, and I felt that someone sat beside me.

"What do you want?" I ask whoever he or she is.

"I don't want anything..." he pauses, and he gave me a small box. "I want you to have it."

"Why are you going to give me something like this Jerome?" I asked him. He looked at me, I am melting.

"Just open it. You'll like it." And he smirks. Doomed, I'm falling for him even harder.

As he said, I open it and saw a necklace with my name engraved on it. That boy must have many sponsors. "I do like it." I looked at him and smile.

"I knew you would." he said and told me he needs to go back to his next class.

We're eating dinner and some of us are finished. Me, Nina, Fabian, and Patricia are left.

"Something strange is now happening here in the Anubis House after Charlotte has got here." Patricia whispered.

"What do you mean by strange?" Fabian asked.

I sigh, "Someone's after Charlotte." I told them and they all processed what I said.

"What?" Nina said.

"Nephthys. She's the Mistress of the House, Friend of the Dead and the Lady of the House because she's the wife of Isis. But the mistress of Ra and Osiris." I explain to them who's after Charlotte. It's really weird that I know about this stuff.

We're all silent and Nina broke it, "What do we need to do about it?" She asked.

"I need to protect her." We then heard a scream from upstairs, "Where's Charlotte?" I shouted and when everyone said no, I ran upstairs.

I can't open the door. The doorknob's turning but I think someone's pushing it inside the room. "Charlotte!" I shouted. "Charlotte! Open the door!" I shouted again. A scream was heard again inside the room. "Charlotte!" I banged the door many times and my hands are starting to hurt. 

"Diana! Stop, you're hurting yourself!" I heard Jerome said. I didn't know he followed me upstairs. I turned around saw him, slightly confused at what just happened.

"But Charlotte... She's inside her room and maybe she's been kidnapped." I told him. Still panicking, the door opened itself. We're both shocked and I saw Nina, Fabian, Patricia, and Alfie go upstairs. "She's gone too quickly." I go back to my room, frowning. 

"Wait!" Jerome said, but I slam the door, feeling bad.

Edited: 07/12/21