Chapter 8

"Set, you're still alive." I heard Nephthys.

Who's Set? I can hear voices, but can't see. What's happening? Where am I?

"Yes, I am alive." Wait, it's Jerome. "But where's the Horus' soul? I need her. Hathor and I do." Is that why he's dating me?

"Where do you think is the Horus' soul?" I heard her laughing, "I am now controlling her body." I heard Nephthys said again.

I can see light, just light. I'm trying to stand up, trying to fight with my body.

"Bring back Charlotte." They both looked at me. And Jerome assist me since I can't stand up straight. We're all in Cellar. "You can't stand still Hathor, Don't worry I can manage her still." Jerome whispered.

"Why didn't you tell me you're Set. I've been finding you for 5 years now." I whispered at him.

"Look, I'm sorry. I just need to keep it from the others." He explained.

"The two of you! Listen to me." Nephthys said, calling our attention.

"Enough of this, if you can't bring Charlotte back. Then I need to sacrifice." I said loudly. Jerome held me tightly, not letting me go although I'm fighting him off.

"You volunteered. Well then Hathor, we can go now to my place." I can feel my chest pounding really hard. "No Diana, I think I should do it. Since I am Horus' shadow." he whispered. I don't know what am I going to do. He stood up straight, leaving me in the corner.

Jerome left me, he walked away in the Cellar, following Nephthys. "No!" I cried.

"Just remember I still love you no matter what happened." He told me.

"No!" I cried again. And a light struck at him.

I ran and push him, hitting the light at me. "Diana! No!" Jerome cried. I can feel my body's changing. But the light stopped as soon as I heard something break. I sat down, heavily breathing. I heard Nephthys scream and leaving Charlotte's body unconscious again.

"Breaking the Cup of Ankh is the only way to stop Nephthys." Eddie said.

"Where's Charlotte?" I asked them, still sitting and catching my breath.

"She's lifeless, for now." Fabian said. Jerome assist me to stand up and Fabian carry Charlotte upstairs.

We got out of the Cellar alive. "I think my powers are gone." I whispered to Jerome.

"That's the sacrifice. That's why I volunteered to be the one. Since my powers aren't that in need." He whispered back, in my ears. I can't help but smile.

"I think it will be, starting now." I jokingly said, we both laughed and he kissed me on my forehead.

As we get into the living room, I spoke.

"It's now over. Cup of Ankh, Senkhara and Nephthys." I told them and we all have a mini party before we go to bed.

I go inside my room with my pajamas on and Mara saw me.

"Hey, where are you earlier?" she asked me, "Did you and Jerom have a date?" she asked me teasingly.

"Well, sort of but I'm with Nina and the others." I answered. I can feel my cheeks blush.

"Okay, as you said. Goodnight Mrs. Clarke." Mara teased me more. I just laughed and fall asleep fast that night.

The past few weeks have been a bit wild. Both good stuff and bad stuff happen. But I won't regret a single thing.

Edited: 07/12/21