Hidden Chambers: chapter iv // text message

Text Message

I opened my eyes and heard a sound after. I reached for my phone and dismissed my alarm. I sat down on my bed, staring at space, my dream felt like it was real and made me feel calm for a while. Ever since I had these nightmares, I can't really sleep. It started when a certain guy was reported missing and they still haven't found them.

Hey, maybe he was the one Eddie and Patricia were talking about a few days ago.

Or not. I haven't seen their "friend", whoever that is.

I stood up and go inside the bathroom and wash away my thoughts about it. After taking a bath, I brushed my teeth and changed my clothes to my uniform, and go downstairs. As usual, it was still quiet and they're go-

"SURPRISE!" while at the same time I shouted, "OH GOD!" I was shocked, looking at the residents of this house, happy and throwing a party? For what? Then a boy with brown hair stepped up front and cleared his throat.

"We are really sorry for acting jerks yesterday. On behalf of them, we threw you a Welcome Party before we head to school. Oh, by the way, I'm Tomas." and he offered his hand, I took it with a smile and they continue welcoming me. Hey, maybe they weren't that bad.

±

After seating beside Tomas in History class, I felt dizzy for a bit. It feels like I'm floating so I rest my head on the table. "Hey, you okay?" he asked and I just nod, head still on the table and I heard his sigh.

When the bell rang and I heard Uncle Sweet (hehe, funny how I call him always) entered our room, I sat properly while he continues to discuss his lesson. I was actually getting bored since he's talking about Egyptian Mythology. I'm more into history like World Wars and stuff but not Mythology. Shouldn't that be thought in Literature Classes? Anyway, since time flies so fast he dismissed us and I headed out to the cafeteria.

I heard some footsteps following me, I looked around and saw no one and some few students who are busy doing their own thing. I sighed and just entered the cafeteria. Someone hold my arm and I looked around to see Stephen, the other resident in Anubis House and I smiled. "Hey." I said but he just smiled. He doesn't talk much and we both walked to the counter to get some drinks and snacks.

"So... You don't talk much?" I asked him as we sat down. I unwrapped my food and started eating it.

He's really quiet, making me feel uneasy. I don't like quiet kids. But he cleared his throat and smirked, "I'm not good with words, El. I chose to shut my mouth so I can't tell something... irrelevant." he sighed and I just realized how sad he was.

I looked at my food, not feeling good to finish it, and looked back at him. "You're sad." I said but he just scoffs. I shrugged and cleaned my food and drink.

"You're already finish?" he asked and I just smiled.

±

I entered the Anubis house and directly go to the dining area, I saw Aleesya reading a magazine while Andrew... doing something... from a wood... "Hey... Andrew, what are you doing?" I asked politely as I sat down beside Aleesya. She closed the magazine and looks at me and shook her head.

"You can't talk to him while doing his thing." she whispered and I look at him. I just nod and pull out my phone from my pocket to look at my messages.

I opened a message from an unknown number and frowned. I need to see you right now. –L

I sighed and put my phone back. There is no way in hell I would be talking to him right now.

±

Edited: 07/13/21