Chapter 3

I'm now in History Class, still alive. The dream I had last night gave me a massive headache but I need to attend my classes today as I still need to catch up with their lessons.

I can't remember my dream but it felt like I was drowning by someone. I'm not sure if it's by a body of water or something worse.

We all saw Eddie's quite drowsy and Mr. Sweet goes to his table, "Eddie Miller, are you sleeping in my class?" Our substitute History teacher asked him.

"Uhm, no. I'm not sleeping." He answered.

"Then what are you doing?" He didn't answer Mr. Sweet.

"So, you are sleeping." He shrugs it off, understanding Eddie's situation. "Now, for your assignment. You're all going to research about the Gods in Egpyt and present it in our next class. Class dismissed." I got up into my chair and walk out of the room as fast as I can.

As I was walking downstairs, I saw Amber saying goodbye to Anubis residents. I joined them in the foyer and I got up to her to also say goodbye, "Amber, I know we have only known each other for like 3 weeks, I'm going to miss you."

"Thanks, Diana! I'm going to miss you too!" She hugs me tight and I dismissed it.

"Now, I'm going to help you pack your things." I volunteered and we both go upstairs.

After I helped Amber fix her stuff, I go downstairs in the living room to finish my book report for Literature.

"Hey! Diana, aren't you going to get some snacks?" I heard someone told me in my back, I know that voice.

"No, I need to finish this book for my book report in Literature." I told him.

"A Jane Austen book. Nice choice." He told me and I smiled.

"Do you read Jane Austen books?"

"I do."

"What?! Jerome Clarke reads a book. That's crazy for a guy like you." I jokingly said.

"I know." He scoffs.

I must say, I think I'm developing feelings for him. But I still have weird feelings for him. I mean, he's tall. And a bit pale. And... Okay. I need to stop thinking these things—a Vampire. There I said it.

"Hey Jerome, I need to go finish this upstairs. See you later?"

"Yeah, see you later." I left him alone on the couch.

I saw Mara blocked me from the stairs.

"You two are getting really close to each other." She told me.

"Uhm, I guess so. Why?"

"Nothing." And she smiled at me and left. Wonder what she's trying to say.

I go downstairs for dinner since I fall asleep when I got into my room because of too much reading. "Oh! Diana!" I heard that voice again and smiled at me.

"Yes?" And he starred at me for minutes, "Hey, Jerome! What are you going to tell me?"

"Ah yes! Do you fancy a dinner date? Maybe Friday night?" He asked me, on a date!

"That sounds interesting. Sure. Friday night it is." And I gave him smile and go straight to the kitchen.

I go to the Warehouse where Senkhara told me to go to,

"Here's the locket you want Senkhara. I don't want to be involved with this, again!" I shouted at her, because of the fury I can feel inside.

"Yes, darling. Your mission is done. Now, make sure you need to watch the Chosen One." She told me. Why me? The Osirian must watch the Chosen One, not the Hathorian.

"But promise me, don't hurt her. Same as the others." I begged her.

"Now, go. Before she can hear you." She? Who's She?

"What? Who?"

"Go!" She shouted.

She disappeared and I saw a shortcut. As I walk, I saw a person sitting... But tied.

I untied her hands and the cloth that's covering her eyes.

"I can blink again." She shouted.

"Shh, just be quiet. Senkhara doesn't know that I'm going to set you free. Now run as fast as you can."

"Diana? What do you mean to set you free?"

"Just... go out to that way." And I pointed out the way I was going to.

"How about you?" She asked me.

"Don't tell anyone that you saw me here with Senkhara. Especially Nina and the Sibuna gang. And mostly, Jerome."

"I have to go. And I promise I won't tell anyone." And she started running.

"Diana!" Oh boy, I am doomed.

"I told you to go-" she looked down and saw no Joy, she looked at me with an angry face, "Where's she?"

"I-I don't know." I told her, she started strangling me and lift up into the air.

"Don't we have an agreement? Now, you're going to be with me."

"Or do I?" I sarcastically told her.

"What do you mean by that? You don't have any powers to fight with me." She laughed. Angry, I close my eyes.

The next thing I knew, it was morning.

"Trudy....?" I shouted, well, I wish she can hear it.

"Diana! Good thing you're already awake. What happened to you last night?" She asked me.

"I... I don't even know what really happened." I lied. I really knew what happened to me. But, where's Senkhara? I don't even know if I defeated her or not.

"Do you feel sick? Or anything? Do you want juice or water?" Trudy is really sweet, I don't really know what will happen to me if she's not here.

"No, thanks. I'm alright now. By the way, how did I get here?"

"Nina and Fabian found you in the Warehouse and brought you here."

"Wow. Well, I guess I need to thank them too. I'm going out to get some fresh air. I'll be right back." And I smiled and stood up on the couch.

Trudy hold my wrist so hard, "Trudy... Let go of me, it hurts."

"I'm not Trudy, Diana. One of my hobbies is changing into another person..."

"Senkhara."

"Yes, you're right, deary. Now, can you show me where's the attic?" I can feel my body shiver.

"No, I won't Senkhara. No, I won't!" And I got off her hands and ran. But before I reached the door I can feel her power going all over my body. She's controlling my body.

"Before you go, I want to leave you something in your skin..." And she let me go.

Once again, my body shut.

Edited: 07/12/21