Hidden Chambers: chapter vi // the serpent

The Serpent

I got up on my bed, it was a dream. He's Set. His name is Set. God, I really feel awful. Is that the reason why I'm getting tired lately? Someone's summoning me and I always forgot about my dreams. Now I think I need to puke right now.

After going to the bathroom, I go back to my room quickly and find my phone. I checked on it and it's only three in the morning. I looked at Aleesya's bed and saw her, sleeping. I sighed and lay down, thinking of my dream earlier.

"I extended everywhere, in accordance with what was to come into existence . . . I bent around myself, I was encircled in my coils, one who made a place for herself in the midst of her coils."

I wrote it down on a piece of paper, in case I forgot it. And to find the meaning of it. After writing it, I lay down on my bed and drifting to sleep.

±

After lunch, I went straight to the auditorium for our next period which is theatre class. I love that subject! I mean, I want theatre. I sat beside Tomas and Aleesya since I've been avoiding Stephen lately. I just feel sad for him, I mean yeah, I like him but it just doesn't seem right.

"I'm having a nightmare recently." I heard Aleesya said, I looked at her. She just seems fine; she doesn't look like she's having a nightmare.

"A-About what?" I asked her, hopefully hearing an answer.

She looks at me, Tomas is still quiet, also waiting for her to answer. She sighed, "About you, taken by someone." Okay, me? I'm jumping in other dreams? She's getting a bit anxious. "I heard her name, Menh-"

"Okay, class!" Sir Faulckhent, our theatre instructor said, he just cut off our conversation. "Before we get started, I would like to inform you that we're going to push through our class production this academic year!" he said eagerly. I exclaimed. This is exciting! "And for our production, we will do..."

±

I am so pumped for our class production! I've been wanting to be a part of that production ever since. I sigh happily and looked at Tomas and Aleesya, researching for Menhit, the one who "took" me on her dreams. I joined them on Tomas' bed and lay down. "Aren't you going to help us?" Tomas asked making me frown.

"I want to, but I'm not into the whole Menhit thing and besides, it's just a dream. It can't harm us." I said while smiling. But Aleesya gasped making me sit. "What?! What is it?"

She looks at me while Tomas looks at Aleesya's laptop screen. He then looks at me too and shook his head. "Goddess of Violence meaning she who massacres." I stare at them, my heart is tugging. But I swept it away and laugh it off.

"Okay, so you mean an Egyptian Goddess or Greek or whatever it is, is after me?" I laughed more, to let my nervousness flew away. "Geez, let's just go to sleep." I said and walked straight to my room. When I closed the door, I flung myself to my bed and searched for the piece of paper I used a while ago. It has the coil-thingy in there. When I found it, I sat straight and started speaking the words, hopefully, like the rituals, when repeated, it will do something.

"I extended everywhere, in accordance with what was to come into existence . . . I bent around myself, I was encircled in my coils, one who made a place for herself in the midst of her coils."

Okay, nothing happened. I sighed and gave up. Instead, I kept the paper inside the amulet's box. Then something explodes... not the harmful explosion just... whatever, making me startle off my bed.

"Greetings, your highness," I said as a woman stood beside the dresser. Fully naked. Oh god, what did I do? She's kneeling down on me. "I am your Serpent for eternity but when I disobey you, you need to punish me." she continues to talk. Okay, she's crazy. Or am I crazy? She looks at me and stands up, "You can call me Sia, your highness. I was the goddess of magic but it was taken by Nephthys."

She kneels down again, the same position earlier. "O-Okay, Sia... Stand up, I need you to get dress." I said and slowly walk towards my dresser to get something for her.

"Yes, your highness." I was startled when she talked. She's scaring me, literally scaring me.

I have another problem; I don't know where to hide Sia. Or should I just tell Aleesya?

I heard a knock on the door, Sia just finished dressing up while my eyes still widened. I just realized I don't have time. Another knock was heard from the door. "Okay, Sia. Get under my bed and hide. Do not make a sound unless I call you." I whispered, I don't know what to do. But she obeyed my request and lay down under my bed.

I reached out the door, realizing that I locked it. "Hey, sorry if I lock it." I said as Aleesya entered the room.

She sat on her bed, "Okay, I'm going to be talkative right now. See, after we researched about Menhit, I also researched about this house. I browsed some photos, articles, and such." she sighed. Oh no, this is not good. "And... I print out some photos. You need to take a look at this." she handed me a photo and when I took it, I clearly saw it.

The house in the back was quite new. But it's odd. It was me, wearing an old Victorian dress. And there is someone beside me.

The man in my dreams.

_____________________________________

Edited: 07/13/21