Hidden Chambers: chapter x // eddie

Chapter X
Eddie

"How did you read it?!" Tomas asked when Elizabeth didn't respond. She was also shocked that she read the words written down as Arabic. She just shrugs and opens the book. Elizabeth read the book, a bit nervous as to why can she read it but at the same time, getting much information.

Tomas and Aleesya wait for Elizabeth's idea or response. But they didn't get any, "So, what does it say?" Aleesya asked, breaking the silence. Elizabeth looks at them and pulls them away from the living room and into her room. She started reading a few lines after sitting down on the side of her bed and looked at them.

"It's about a woman, specifically... she faces the dark side. It-it says about an amulet. And... a lost boy." She said nervously. She keeps on scanning the book back and forth then she closes it. "I need to call Eddie."

Elizabeth stood up and goes downstairs to get her phone. The first hour is coming... she keeps on hearing those words over and over again. Making her furious and quickly dials Eddie. It just keeps on ringing so she ended the call and tried again. But after a few tries, she groans and decided to go upstairs and just lay down on her bed. She inhales then exhales. "Where in the world is he?!"

±

Eddie wakes up in a room he's not familiar with. His vision is still blurry and he's too weak to sit. "Oh... god... help... me..." he said, trying to know if he still can say a few words.

"Eddie?" he then heard a familiar voice. "They took you?" the person asked but Eddie can't really see him clearly. "It's me... It's Jerome..." the familiar voice said and while it still wasn't registering that Eddie's with Jerome at the House of Lives, Jerome cuts off the ropes that were used to be tied on him.

±

Nikola walks into the open area where it's near the forest. She sat down on an unoccupied bench and starts reading a novel. "Hey, it's you!" the person shouted, making Nikola look. She frowned and opened her bag to put the novel she was reading. "Oi, leaving soon?" the person asked. Nikola sighed and zipped her bag.

"What do you want, Leo?" she asked, a bit nervous yet calmed... Although at the back of her mind, she fears him. Leonardo Rivera. A man you don't want to meet.

"See, my brother left me in the woods... And I don't really know where to go now. Mind spending our time together for a while?" he asked making Nikola more nervous. They became silent.

"I have a lot of work to do. Besides that, I need to sleep early tonight for my morning class. See you soon." Nikola walked off as fast as she could. She doesn't want to be near Leo again.

±

Eddie felt something on his forehead. When he slowly touched it, it was a wet towel. "Hmmm... Where am I?" but no one answered back. He became nervous and tries to stand up from the ground. Jerome saw Eddie and quickly goes to him to let him lay down. Jerome knew Eddie needed some time to have his energy back.

"Jerome? You're alive? Where am I?" Eddie asked. Jerome doesn't know how to answer this. Or rather, tell the story of why he was captured by Charlotte. "Who are you with?" he asked again, with Jerome still formulating the answer inside his head while looking at George. George Sanders.

Edited: 07/13/21