Prologue

A/N: THIS BOOK IS NOW BEING CONTINUED! I am trying to update with new chapters as frequently as possible so please bear with me! Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------

"Hermione, please! Where is he?" Draco begged her, his eyes darting back and forth between hers. 

"I need to see him!" He just stared at her waiting, before she just shook her head and her eyes filled with tears.

Something inside Draco stabbed at him, splintered him in every way possible.

"No," he breathed. It wasn't true. It wasn't, it couldn't be. There was no way... Draco's eyes searched her's, silently pleading that she would tell him his Harry was okay. But her face remained sorrowful.

Draco let out a strangled sob as he turned and bolted through the huge double doors into the courtyard, stumbling and tripping, his mind in a whirl.

"Harry! Harry! HARRY!" he yelled and yelled his lover's name, sobbing as tears fell freely down his face, his lungs burning and his chest aching. He didn't realise he had made it to the forest already, his legs carrying him past the castle.

He stopped at a clearing, leaning against a tree, out of breath, his eyes searching everywhere for Harry.

And that's when he saw him. It was him, it was Harry. It was his Harry. Relief washed over him like water from a bucket. He was alive, he was standing, he was okay. But something was wrong. Then realisation hit him.

"HARRY, NO!" Draco screamed, before he was blinded by a flash of green light.