Chapter 9 - Illusions & Confusions

Harry awoke, snuggled into Draco's chest, the blonde's arms were wrapped protectively around him. The trees hung low, forming a hidden spot for the two.

Harry looked into Draco's sleeping face and sighed. He didn't know how any of this had happened in a matter of months, so quick. But Harry realised how lucky he was to have someone who cared about him this much.

Harry knew he liked Draco. A lot. That was for definite. But he was confused. He liked girls too. So did this make him bisexual? He went with Parvati to the Yule Ball, and that was fun, but he didn't feel much of a spark. Maybe it was because Parvati was a friend, nothing more. Harry wasn't too sure where his sexuality lay, all he knew was that he really liked kissing blondes. Aka Draco Malfoy.

Harry snuggled deeper into Draco's shoulder, curling the boy's shirt in his fingers.

He lay on his chest, watching the rise and fall as Draco took in breaths.

He's really beautiful, Harry thought. The curve of his jawline, his pointy nose and long eyelashes.

Without warning, Draco cracked one eye open and looked down at Harry who blushed and sat up quickly.

The blonde smirked. "What were you doing, Potter? Having a nice look at my face, were you?"

Harry coughed and scratched the back of his head awkwardly. "No.."

Draco nodded his head, his smirk growing wider. "I know I'm gorgeous, but you don't need to stare."

Harry swallowed and the two looked at each other, remembering a time when those words came out of Draco's lips months previously.

Harry was still sitting up, but Draco was lying down and felt a needy urge to pull the boy back down with him.

So of course he did.

Draco grabbed Harry's wrist and before Harry could comprehend anything, he was being tightly pressed to Draco's chest once more.

"Ah- Draco!" The Gryffindor exclaimed, but his shouts came out muffled.

"You belong to me, Harry Potter, no one else, and if anyone so much as dares touch you, I will beat them personally, understand?" Draco said, sudden anger and possessiveness flowing through him.

Harry was startled. "Uh, Draco, where is this coming from?" he asked nervously.

"Do you understand me?" Draco asked, ignoring Harry's question and holding him tighter and possibly choking the poor boy.

"Yep," Harry said, as a blush crept on his cheeks. He was thankful he was turned away so Draco couldn't see.

"Good." Draco felt satisfied and pushed a small kiss onto Harry's head. The shorter boy bit his lip, trying to hide his grin.

"Listen," Draco said hesitantly. "I, um, I have something for you."

Harry looked up at him, confused. Draco's face seemed to have slipped a few shades down the red notch. Biting his lip, he stood up and ducked under the branches of the tree that were secluding them, and grabbed something from the ground.

Draco returned, looking down, and Harry sat up, confusion etched upon his face.

Gripping a package in his hands, he sat down beside Harry and took the boy's hands in his own.

"I- um- want you to have this, Harry. It's been passed down through generations in the Ver-Malfoy family, and, um, I want you to have it," Draco rambled.

He picked up the package and pressed it into Harry's palm. The Gryffindor took it, wide eyed, and gingerly took off the wrapping.

Inside was a small, black box, and Draco watched Harry intently for his reaction.