Chapter 10 - The Truth Comes Out

A/N: The original chapter 10 has been posted as a second half to Chapter 9! Please go back and read that one before reading this chapter as it won't make sense otherwise! Thank you for reading!

-----------------------------------------------

Harry had never slept for so long in his entire life. After the night in the forest, he was exhausted. His whole Saturday had vanished by the time he awoke, and he was thankful that Ron and the rest of the boys had left him be.

The anger Harry had felt for Draco leaving him in the forest hadn't left, and he was still furious with the boy. He couldn't understand his mind. Was Draco really serious about him? Was this whole thing just a joke?

Harry cursed himself for feeling so much for Draco. He hadn't felt this way about anyone before, and it scared him. A lot. He never realised relationships were as serious as this one felt. His head was spinning and he wanted answers.

Dressing into his comfy clothes, Harry made his way down to the common room where he found Ron and Seamus playing a game of Wizard's chess. Ron's face lit up when he spotted Harry.

"Harry mate! You're awake! Blimey, you were out for ages. What happened yesterday?" Ron stood from his game and came over to meet Harry.

"Oh, uh.. I just had a bad night. Worrying about the third task and all." Harry lied. He in fact had not given one thought to the third task and he didn't intend on starting now.

Ron gave him a sympathetic smile and a pat on the shoulder. As hopeless as Ron was at detecting lies, Harry was extremely grateful he was in that moment.

Looking around, Harry noticed Hermione wasn't with him and the rest of the boys.

"Where's 'Mione?" Harry asked Ron, looking round the common room as if she was hiding in the walls. He wouldn't be surprised - Hermione always seemed to pop up in the most random places.

"Oh, she's in the library - said she had some late minute studying to catch up on," Ron shrugged.

Harry furrowed his brow in confusion. Hermione always left her Saturday evenings to spend with him and Ron - and Hermione was the one person Harry knew detested cramming as a revision method. So why was she in the library?

It must have been because he was asleep for most of the day, Harry concluded.

"We going down to eat then?" Ron's voice sounded from beside him. Harry checked his watch. It was seven p.m. Of course Ron would never miss dinner - his favourite time of day.

The two exited the common room through the portrait and headed down to the great hall, Dean and Seamus following behind. Maybe Hermione would already be there.

---------------------------------------------------

Sitting down at the Gryffindor table, Harry couldn't help but notice the empty space where Hermione usually sat.

"Ron, where is she?" Harry was growing more and more concerned for his friend at this point. As annoying as Hermione could be, she was his closest friend besides Ron, and this was very out of character for her.

"Mate, I told you," Ron said through his mouthful of pie. "She's in the library."

Was she though? Harry couldn't comprehend why Hermione would be in the library at this time - she would never miss dinner, especially at the weekend.

"She's fine, mate," Ron reassured him. "We'll go find her later." Harry nodded, agreeing.

After a few more minutes, a chill ran down Harry's spine as he felt a pair of grey eyes settle on him. He looked up instinctively and his eyes landed on Draco's face across the hall.