2➳Clear Daggers

C L E A R   D A G G E R S

When I got to my dorm it was quiet big. My luggage was in the corner of my room, neatly stacked up on top of each other, boxes scattered around the room as the bright light beamed through the window.

I threw my shoulder-clutch bag onto the neat bed and walked around the room. There was a vanity and a walk-in wardrobe and opposite side of the door was two French doors that leaded to a terrace. I pushed the French doors open revealing two beach benches to sunbathe on with a tall beige umbrella shading it. In the center was an oak table with magazines set out on top. I stood outside for a good ten minutes and soon found my senses as I head back in to unpack. After a couple of boxes, I saw a frame and gently pulled out of the box. I smiled as I placed it on the bedside table, my fingers gently tracing over the floral design, diamonds glittering in the sunlight. It was my favourite picture, the one were I was a little girl with long black hair, hazel like eyes and a bright smile.

It's been a while since I had seen this picture but it was before the nightmares and dreams haunted me in my sleep. It was before my eyes were green and my hair was brown. Dad joked about how the sunlight in California had affected my eye and hair colour while Mom smiled and shook her head as if she knew something we didn't. After I finished unpacking, which took two hours, I grabbed my bag before leaving the room again.

I walked to English, my first and only lesson of the day, with Miss Rosie. I took a seat at the back, besides the window and hoping no one will talk to me. Miss Rosie walked in with a glowing smile and the tall boy and his friends walking behind me. They took a seat two rows behind me and it made me nervous that every so often I would shift in my seat. However I could hear them whisper to each other and their eyes burning into the back of my heads so I ducked down, a blush forming on my cheek when I hear the whispers.

"Welcome class. Today we have a new student with us. Cleopatra." Miss Rosie said and I waved effortless, keeping my gaze down. "Welcome Cleo." She beamed at me before going back to normal again. She passed a book to all of us before walking back to the front and leaning against her desk, her wild blonde hair glistening as if it was silver.

"Today we'll be reading a fantasy book. Now this book is called Lifeless. Milly, you can start." Miss Rosie pointed at a girl with blonde hair in front of me, her fingers rapidly typing on her phone but she heard her name, she tensed up as if she was a deer caught by a headlight.

"Me?" she asked, her head shooting up as she fumbled to open her book. Miss Rosie gave her an annoyed look but replied nevertheless.

"Yes." Milly started to read but I just pulled out my book from my bag and pencil and started to draw. Every pencil stroke was either hard or soft and filled with emotion. It took me a while to finally understand what I was drawing. A pair of violet eyes gleamed at me, my eyes widening when I realised I drew subconsciously.

"That's a pretty picture." Someone behind me said. I covered my book before turning around to see a girl leaning over my shoulder. She had blue eyes and red hair like a rose curled around her shoulder, a smirk that sent shivers down my spine and her fake black nails long and tapping against the oak table.

"Thank you." I whispered, trying to hide my discomfort.

"You're welcome." The girl said, leaning back in her seat.

"Excuse me." Miss Rosie coughed at the front. I turned back around to see Miss Rosie standing in front of me. "What so interesting?" she asked. The girl simply shrugged and pointed at my artwork, her eyes filled with mischief.

"Cleo's works Miss." The girl said. Miss Rosie picked up the book and stared at it intensely, her eyes clocked with realisation but she quickly masked it up as she looked at me but I frowned, not missing that wave of emotion that emitted off her.

"It is interesting Emily." Miss Rosie replied.

"I think we should show the whole class. Clearly it's that amazing."

Miss Rosie looked at her with narrow eyes. "Emily, that's enough.

Emily frowned then grabbed the book off the desk and tore out the drawing then tore it in half then in quarters, making me clutch onto the side of the desk with anger as I tried to calm myself down. My breathing became short-winded as I slowly counted up to the in my head but despite my tries, the anger ran through my blood.

"Pathetic. I heard about you, Cleo." She snarled.

"Emily-"

"I heard you got kicked out of five different high schools." A scatter of gasps echoed around the classroom. She smirked, her eyes filled with disgust as if I was beneath her. "I heard you're a freak." My grip tightened, my jaw stiffened as I glared at her.

However, even though my senses were clouded by anger, my hearing was heightened and I heard a sharp inhale and a low growl. An
average person wouldn't of heard that but I was different, all senses were better than a human. I didn't see myself as a human.

Trying to force myself not to turn around and look for the person who made that sound, I focus my gaze on Emily, her lips curved into a taunting smile.

"Cause that's what you are. A freak."

That's when the windows exploded into shards of glasses all over the floor, Miss Rosie's glass cup on her desk shattered everywhere and all the glass in the class was on the floor. Some people was screaming and Miss Rosie tried calming them down but I just stood up, picking up my books and bag, and escaped through all the chaos in the class with no one even knowing that I left.

••••
Edited

LMB