6➳Memories

Picture of Safi, Taz and Reece
****

M E M O R I E S

The next day isn't any better. I avoided bumping into Zack because I was afraid of confrontation, and whenever I saw Jacob we would not make eye contact because the memories of yesterday replied on my mind. At lunch I took a seat out on the courtyard and quietly went on my phone, messaging my best friend.

Cleo: Hey xx

Lola: Hi. How's life over there without me?

Cleo: Great. *Hint the sarcasm*

Lola: ^-^, I need to tell you something, I've been keeping it away from you and it's really important.

Cleo: Okay, hit me with it.

Lola: My dad got a new job.

Cleo: That's great.

Lola: You didn't let me finish. It's in Arabia. The UAE. The Middle East.

Cleo: Are you serious?! And you didn't think to tell me! How long?  How long have you known?

Lola: I'm sorry. I was just under so much pressure and my dad knew I would crack if I told you. I've known for a month now.

Cleo: When are you going?

Lola: In a few weeks but not before Thanksgiving.

Cleo: I can't believe you'd keep this from me. This is huge!

Lola: this is the reason o didn't tell you. You're being totally out of line about it. Just accept it. Why does it matter? You're miles away from me and probably made new friends and here I am waiting for you to say we aren't friends anymore because you found someone better.

Cleo: ...Lol, is that why you didn't tell me? Because you knew I was leaving.

Lola: *Sigh* I didn't tell you because I knew that is exactly what would happen.

Cleo: Lola, you're my best friend and don't think otherwise.

Lola: I got it. I got to go, dad is screaming about packing and I haven't done nothing. I love you too, see you at Thanksgiving.

Cleo: See you then xx

I sighed in frustrations and ran my fingers through my hair. As I put my phone in my bag and I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder, warm and safe, a hand I have felt before but-

I look out at the burning building. The fire grew fiercely and the ash covered the houses around it. They should've never messed with me. I hate hurting them but what's done is done. They deserved it.

"Stop it!" He shouted behind me. He tried moving but my power kept him standing still.

"Clementine!" He yelled again.