Thorn and Gold

"My mother is at home." I said, shaking my head in disbelief.

"That's your fake Mother." Ash said, "They can tell you the truth."

I looked at them expectantly.

Reese was the only person who spoke, "Yes that's your fake mum at home."

"Your real mum left you at their doorstep 18 years ago every single time she had you..." Taz chided.

"You have a surname that is not allowed to be changed which is why you and you fake parents have different surnames." Nick said.

"Your real mum left you because she was going dark and didn't want to hurt you." Jacob whispered.

"She's a Queen of Darkness and lives on the Isle of Shadows. She is a powerful Caster and you might be stronger than her." Safi sighed.

"Her name is-" Ash started to speak but Zack cut him off.

"Her true name is Briar."

"True name?" I looked at him, confused.

"You learn your real name once you have been through the Choice. We haven't learnt our names yet."

"But you're angels you chose Light."

"We're fallen angels. No choice yet." He took my hand into his.

"I want to meet her."

"Of course." Ash said.

"Are you sure?" Zack asked and I nodded.

"Join hands." Ash instructed.

"Lola stay here to look out for Mum and Dad." I told her.

"Good luck." She gave me a hug and ran back to Silvia's hut.

We linked hands while Ash started to chant some words I have heard before.

"The Isle of Shadows call us,

The Isle of Shadows call us.

The Queen of Darkness commands us,

The Princess of Choice has returned to us.

Take us home to thus."

•*¨*•.❤.•*¨*•

In a flash we was in a beautiful palace. I looked around, amazed at the view. By the look on everyone else's face I could see they thought so too.

"Ash darling is that you?" I heard someone say that in another room.

Ash led us to the door in front of us and opened the door to reveal a beautiful room. It was a size of one football pitch and had stunning stain glass windows.

At the back was a throne and a step lower was two smaller versions. The thrones were gold and had beautiful Onyx, Sapphire and Emerald stones around it.

The bigger throne had the Onyx stones, the smaller throne on the left had deep Sapphire and the one on the right had Emerald.

"Ash who are your guest?" I looked up to see a beautiful thin lady sitting on the Onyx throne.

Her hair was dark brown and her eyes were almost black, you could barely see her pupil. She wore a beautiful strapless, black ballgown which had diamonds scattered around, it looked like stars. She had pale skin and she looked exactly like me.

"Friends." Ash replied as we walked to her.

I walked with Zack at the back, hand-in-hand, and kept my eyes on the ground.

"Miss Taz, Reese and Safi. Mr Nick, Roman, Jacob and Zack. Finally Miss Cleopatra-"

"Welcome." Sheinteruppted before Ash could finish but he carried on like she didn't speak.

"Gold." He looked at me and smiled. She stiffened, "What? Where?"

Ash pointed at me and Zack pulled me forward.

Soon I was on the step below her, by myself.