Old Me

She stared at me, examined me. My heart was beating so fast because I was nervous.

"Cleo, is that you?" She asked me and I nodded.

The next part was a shock. She hugged me. It was cold but it felt like home.

When she pulled away I felt safe to say, "Briar."

"Yes you can call me that." She smiled. "You have lovely friends. Angels." She sneered 'Angels'.

"Yes." She looked at them then at Zack.

Her gaze lingered on him as she walked down the steps to face him.

"I haven't see you in a millennium."

"You too, your Highness." Zack whispered

"The last time I heard you say that is when you took my daughter and ran away with her for love." She snarled. T

he room shook and a sudden memory came back to-

I stood there glaring at my mother.

"I will never leave him for Darkness Mother!" I shouted and she slapped me, keeping her grip still on the violet eyed angel. The pain stung.

"Don't talk to me like that again." She spat.

"I will fight for my Choice even if you didn't get one." I glared at her.

She was going to hit me again but I caught her wrist and held onto it tightly.

"I do not want to see you ever again Mother. If you are making me choose." I dropped her wrist hardly.

My powers were stronger than her so I was able to take her power off Zachary.

I pulled him to me and kissed his forehead as he held onto my hand.

We started to walk out the stunning room I lived in for 18 years when Briar shouted "You can't fight your nature."

I turned around, "But I just beat you."

And as we walked out the room I smelt ash drifting out the room...

I nearly fell but when I saw Zack's reaction, I steady myself because I knew he saw it too.

He pushed past Briar and held my arms.

"Forget all of it." He commanded while everyone else looked confused even Briar.

"How?" I asked and he smiled

"You did it a millennium ago." I giggled.

"Did I really storm out this room?"

"You had a feisty personality." He said.

"Well yes she did." Briar said.

On her finger was a silver ring and an Onyx diamond. The ring was attached to the bracelet with lines of silver and diamonds. It was a beautiful slave bracelet.

It looked familiar.

Briar walked back up her throne and sat down. "The day you left. Don't worry darling I have forgiven you for that. I always will." She laughed and a chill fell down my spine. "Right we will have a ball tonight to celebrate you arrival. Ash do show them their room. I'll see you tonight."

"How will you get something done on such short notice?" Taz asked

"I'm the Queen of Darkness. Who will say no?" Briar said playfully but her voice was sharp. "See you later." She waved us away as Ash rushed us out the room.

•*¨*•.❤.•*¨*•

We walked up the grand stairs and down a gold hallway.

"How do you want to sleep? All in one room or separate rooms?" Ash asked and while everyone argued, Zack took hold of my hand.

"Stay with me." I whispered looking straight. I saw him look down at me.

"I never dream of leaving you." He said when he looked back up. I grinned at what he said.

"I think that is the cheesiest thing you ever said." I mumbled.

I could see that he was trying so hard not to laugh. Zack wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Okay so we agreed that you'll stay in one room." Ash sighed.

"Yeah." Everyone said.

"Finally." He looked at us, "What about you two?"

"We'll sleep in another room." I said.

Ash nodded, "Well we'll see you later. Zack and Cleo follow me." We said bye to everyone else and followed Ash down another hallway. We stood in front of the biggest door on the hallway.

"This was your bedroom." Ash opened the door and I saw the lights light up.

The room was left untouched, the curtains were royal blue silk and fell on the floor to cover up French doors to the balcony.

The bed was tidy and neat with royal blue bed sheets and there was a silver vanity and a walk-in-wardrobe beside it, a soft sofa beside the French doors with plumped royal blue pillows.

We walked inside and my eyes lit up from the sight.

"This was mine?" I breathed

"It's true. The room has been cast with a spell to let no dirt come in." Ash said. That's why it sparkled.

"Mistress always comes in here every night since you left. She counts down to when you'll return by burning stars." Ash sighed and bowed "I shall leave you to get ready. Clothes will be the wardrobe." He closed the door on his way out.

"Such a stunning room." Zack said and kissed me, "You have extraordinary taste." I kissed his lush lips.

"I know. Come on, let's get ready."