New Comers

I sat down in a white, lace sweetheart crop top and high-waist denim shorts, on my phone.

We were heading to the lake for the day since my mum and dad are packing up for Australia. Dad said its for work but Mum said otherwise.

Lola and the girls are already downstairs but the boys are taking longer.

"You look gorgeous." I turned around to see Zack grinning at me. He wore khaki shorts and a blue t-shirt.

"Thank you. Shall we leave?" I said sitting up and pulling my beige wedges on. Zack pulled me up and took me downstairs.

I saw Lola talking to Taz like they were best friends and Reese braiding Safi's auburn hair.

"Hey." I said.

"Hello sunshine." Taz said and at that time the sun's ray came through the window. I looked at her but she just pointed to me and I blushed.

"Sorry about that." I said. Taz draped an arm around me and shrugged.

"At least it's a better day." Then I saw Lola's eyes widen. "Oh." Taz said when she saw Lola too.

"What was that about?" I looked around for help before sighing.

"Everyone out." I said.

One by one they left the room but only Zack lingered back. "Everyone." Zack kissed my forehead and closed the door on his way out. "Before I say anything else, promise that you won't hate me."

"Defiantly. You're my BFFLWE." She said as we sat down.

"Lola I have powers. Strong, dangerous powers." Lola nodded like she understood so I carried on. "There is this curse on me and that's why my eyes are green." I sighed.

"They soon will turn royal blue, which means I won't be like this. I am the strongest person in this world. I can make people listen to me, a Siren. I can do so many things. My friends are angels and Zack is my Soulmate. Every 18 years I come for him and within that year I kill him because of this curse and myself. This year it's happening again."

Lola looked at me I was nuts and to be honest it sounded like I was. After a moment she breathed, "I guess it made sense."

"What?!" I blinked but she just shrugged.

"You kept being MIA in our outings. Boys found you irresistible even in your worst moods. And they were bad moods." Lola smiled. "Your eyes turned darker and some days it snowed and rained in the summer. Whenever I had a problem with someone, you'd do something that made them change completely. Then they'd disappear." I smiled at the thought before coming back to Earth.

"I'm a dangerous person." I whispered. Lola pulled me into her arms.

"I'm still here by your side. Every day until the day after forever." She said. I heard that somewhere before Lola said it but I couldn't remember where

•*¨*•.*.•*¨*•

We got to the lake, the place everyone goes the day after Thanksgiving, to see the alcohols all over the floor and everyone wasted. Reese nudged me, "Guess we're the last ones."

I stifled a laugh before Jacob led us to his 'Aunts' hut though I didn't think it was a hut. The place was massive and was hidden between the trees, far from people and noise. He knocked on the door and it creaked open.

"Ladies first." He coughed.

I punched his shoulder before entering first.

"You punch hard for a girl." He grumbled, angrily, rubbing his arm as they entered.

I sighed and I turned to him and said "And I'll punch that pretty golden eye of yours if you don't be quiet." I placed a finger on my bright red lips.

He grinned at me so I glanced away.

"Well she's a feisty one." We saw a beautiful golden haired lady.

Her eyes glittered gold like Safi, Nick and Jacob. None of them had the same eyes like Zack, which I found strange.

"Aunt Silvia." Jacob kissed her cheeks "Lola and Cleo, this is Aunt Silvia."

"But call me Silvia." She came over and our cheeks. She held me close to her, her soft fingers around my arms. "Cleo, Zack tells me lots about you. Jacob too."

I glanced at them but they didn't catch my gaze.

"Really?" I said. Silvia nodded and let go of me. I walk between them and linked my arm between theirs "What did they say?" They looked at me shocked but Silvia smiled.

"Many things." She started to walk away.

"What things?" I asked, stopping her. She turned around. "Like my curse. Who wouldn't?" I said, smiling. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. I slipped my arms out of Zack and Jacob's. "Why don't we tell everyone? Great news ever."

"Cleo-" Lola started but I cut her off.

"Not much secret in this curse anymore." I felt anger build in me and finally sensed I was going too far. I blinked but everyone still stared. "What?"

"Your eyes." Lola whispered as she gave me a mirror.

I looked at my reflection, the one I have been staring at for 13 years but something changed. One tiny detail that will change my whole life.

My royal blue eyes...