Chapter 7-The Pick-Up Lines

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 7-The Pick-Up Lines

Emmaline Heywood's POV

"Are you a magician? Because whenever I look at you, everyone else disappears." 

I groaned and slapped my hand on my forehead. "That's lame." I said flatly and Jack grinned at me playfully before laughing at my expression. 

"Do you sit in a pile of sugar? Cos' baby, you have a pretty sweet ass." 

I frowned and tried to keep the smile off my face but failed and choked before giving in to laughing. "Jack!That was terrible!" 

"Is your dad a baker? Because you have some nice buns." My jaw dropped at that and Jack gave me a shameless grin before erupting into raucous laughter. Hushing him before we attracted too much attention, I took another sip from my tea. 

"Your body is 65% water and I'm thirsty." 

I frowned and threw a fry at him. "Okay, that's disgusting. Jack frowned and scrunched up his face as he tried to come up with another line. 

Right now, we were in a pretty cafe that was quite empty and we were seated in a corner booth. Jack was wearing his usual sunglasses and a cap but this time, the beard was back on. It had been a pretty hectic week so far and today was a Monday and Jack had appeared at the museum and suggested we go for lunch during my break. 

I agreed reluctantly, still fearing that I could be captured hanging out with Jack by reporters but seeing the disguise Jack had on, he had reassured me that it was okay. 

"Okay what about this? Do you live in a corn field? Because I'm stalking you." 

I snorted and shot him a wry look. "You did stalk me when I was at the grocery store two weeks ago." I pointed out and Jack rolled his eyes, "No, I told you! I was there for coffee!" He insisted and I raised my eyebrows skeptically. "Sure." I mumbled. 

"Okay, do you like Harry Potter? If so, you should open your Chamber of Secrets to let my Basilisk Slytherin." 

I gaped at him in disbelief and Jack exploded into raucous laughter while I could only stare at him, "That was just plain appalling!" 

Jack gave me a crooked smirk before breaking into a grin. "Well what about, 'You look so familiar... didn't we take a class together? I could have sworn we had chemistry." 

I took another sip from my tea and shot back at him. "Are you sure you took Chemistry? You seem like the type to have dropped the subject after the first ten minutes of the very first lesson." 

Jack glared at me and this time, it was he who threw a fry in my direction. I grinned at his offended expression and he shot me a flat look. 

"Hey, you said you appreciated my honesty." I pointed out with a grin. "Regretting wanting to be friends with me?" 

"No." Jack answered me sourly and stuffed a huge bite in his greasy burger while I frowned in distaste at it. I liked burgers but burgers with three kinds of meat in it? No.

Jack had ordered a burger called 'The Deluxe Triple Meat Burger' and I was still awed at the sight of a huge burger with a beef patty, bacon strips and chicken dripping with cheese. 

"Don't you have to eat healthily to be in shape for your acting roles?" I questioned as I grimaced as Jack stuffed more of the burger into his mouth. 

"Yeah, but I work out a lot. Want to see?" He offered with a smirk on his face with his brown eyes lit up from amusement.

I shot him a dry look and stated. "No."