Chapter 17-The Water Guns

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 17-The Water Guns

Emmaline Heywood's POV

"Where exactly are we going?" I question a little nervously as Jack drove. It was about six in the evening and Jack had said that we would be heading out for a date in public.

I was a little nervous and paranoid that I would be recognised and the fact that Jack was still famous and we could get mobbed my screaming fans and reporters because I was sure that those disguises of Jack's wouldn't work all the time.

However, Jack had reassured me with a charming grin on his face before tugging me out of the house and opened the door for me. Ella's babysitter had come by to watch after her while we were out and to be very honest, I was a little intrigued with what Jack would come out for our first date.

Now, my main concern was Jack being recognised in public.

"Em, could you relax, I know you're still worrying about this, I can practically feel those worry waves all the way here." At that, I glared at him but Jack ignored me and continued cheerily," but like I said, I got it. I wouldn't be recognised." Jack announced confidently and I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. But at least tell me where we're going - Is that a fair?" I question as I caught sight of a ferris wheel.

"Yep! But its a masquerade themed fair. Patrons would have to wear a mask to enter. Apparently many celebrities come here and this fair specialises in keeping people's identities a secret."

I blinked and a reluctant smile tugged onto my face. "Really? Please don't tell me you got us masks already."

"How did you know?" Jack demanded, a frown wrinkling his face and I snorted, "It was a guess which I got right didn't I?"

Jack sighed heavily before parking the car. "Yes, it was meant to be a surprise and all but nooo, you had to guess. Whatever, here. This is yours." He handed me a pretty sky blue half-mask that had feathers and rhinestones on it. Carefully, I placed it over my face and when I turned to Jack, I almost choked from the mask he had on.

"Is that from the Phantom of the Opera?"

"Yep," he answered before placing a cap over his head before hopping out of the car. Shaking my head, I should have known Jack would get something theatric. I got out of the car and Jack tugged on my hand before pulling me over to the entrance. As we walked, I realised that his fingers were locked onto mine, his larger hand was almost enclosing my smaller one but I didn't protest.

Him holding onto my hand was...nice. Fighting back a blush, I quickened my pace and looked at Jack. He was right, with his cap on along with the mask, he was unrecognisable.

Paying for the tickets was easy, I handed the money to the man at the counter before Jack could bring his waller out and with that, we were in. "I wanted to pay," he grumbled and I spared him a glance. "You could pay for the food?"

"Alright. But this is a date, I'm your boyfriend, not a friend," Jack complained.

I quirked up an eyebrow (which I was sure Jack couldn't even see due to the mask I was wearing) and answered, "Yes but why not? What's wrong with me paying?"

Jack shot me a little smirk, "Because you're going to go home crying because I beat you in all of the carnival games."

"Oh really? Is that what you think?" I questioned indignantly and Jack shrugged, that irritating condescending smirk was still glued on his face. "Obviously, I'm the champion in my family." He blew out a breath and studied his nails before giving me a sly grin.