Chapter 14-The Lunch

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 14-The Lunch 

Jack Donnahue's POV

"I don't see why I have to go." I grumbled as I followed behind Gwennie who was ahead of me as she ignored my complaints.

"I just had lunch with you three witches from hell just last week," I made a face and continued, "The only difference is that Zach is going to be there."

Gwennie let out a huff and turned around before jabbing her index finger into my chest as she snapped. "One more word Jack, you won't see a witch, but a demon from hell!"

With that, she turned around and strode into a cafe that Daniella liked to frequent. Scowling, I glared at her head from the back as I followed her. It wasn't as if she could see me but it made me feel better.

Behind me, Max lumbered along, trying not to laugh as he maintained a professional image but I knew that deep down, he was laughing at the fact that my younger sister was bossing me around.

Not that it was unusual or anything, Gwennie had been bossing me around since the day she was born. Welcome to the life of being an older brother.

Entering the little cafe, I was pleased to note that Gwennie was walking towards a secluded corner where I already could see the other two-thirds of the women from the Donnahue family along with Zach who was conversing with Isadora who threw her head back and laughed.

However, it was the sight of the other occupant at that table that made me stop, causing Max to bump into me which in turn made me stumble and trip on the leg of a chair.

"Jack, you're such a klutz!" Gwennie hissed as she tugged me along to the table where I could feel embarrassment seep into my skin at Emma's amused stare.

"Emma, what are you doing here?" I questioned as panic rose and I tried to act blasé as I sat down opposite of her. She was seated at the extreme right while Zach was in between her and Daniella while Max was seated between Gwennie and and I and Isadora was at the head of the table.

"She's Zach's best friend and I thought it was about time we finally get to know her seeing that she's like his sister." Isadora cut in and as I stared at her, I could see a glint in her eyes.

Bloody fucking hell.

What the hell was Gwennie and my sisters-in-law up to? They really were the three witches from hell. "Hi Jack." she greeted and I offered her a charming grin and I couldn't help but notice that her hair was all down and she was dressed casually, far from the office clothing I often saw her in. But she still looked gorgeous. I could feel my mouth going dry just because she was there.

"I forgot to say hey." I offered lamely and I already could see all the female members of my family snicker under their breaths. I already knew Max was sniggering out loud and I could feel my ears heat up from embarrassment.

So fucking smooth Jack. Way to go you idiot!

"I see." Emma replied evenly, I could tell she was uncomfortable around my family members. Who wouldn't be? My family was full of obnoxious pushy nosey people who loved to stick their noses in other people's business. Mainly mine for example. Like right now.

Immediately, I glared at Daniella who got the hint and began bringing the attention to Gwennie's upcoming wedding. Satisfied that Isadora and Gwennie began arguing while Zach began placating an irate Gwennie.

Glad that the attention was off Emma and I and that Daniella was the most pleasant female in my family, I turned to Emma and gave her a charming grin. I knew that my family knew about Emma now and I didn't care that they were trying to help, I appreciated it but I didn't want them around when I tried to win Emma over.