Epilogue

All Rights Reserved

Epilogue

Emmaline Donnahue's POV

"And do you, take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The vicar asked as he turned to the groom who was beaming widely.

"I do."

The vicar continued turning to his right, "And do you, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I narrowed my eyes and scowled irritatedly. "Is there a point to this?" I demanded.

Jack glared at me and crossed his arms over his chest defensively, "Of course there is!" He let out an exasperated huff and paused the movie that was playing on the screen and focused his full attention on me.

"Well, what exactly is the point?" I question, my eyes narrowing at his slouched posture.

"Are you serious? You don't even know?" Jack's eyes widened in what looked like a mix of horror and disbelief.

"Donnahue!" I snapped, losing my patience.

Jack turned to me, the horrified expression gone and was now replaced with a cheeky grin on his face. "Who are you calling? Me or yourself? Because we share the same name ever since you married me."

My lips twitched at that. No matter how hard I was trying to not show my amusement at his quips, I failed. Letting out a short laugh, I forced myself to become serious again."There is no way I'm watching this after the previous one," I complained while gesturing towards the screen where the rom-com just started.

It was a lovely Saturday evening and I was cooped up watching rom-coms after rom-coms because Jack thought we should be fully prepared. Never mind the fact that almost all movies are unrealistic and ridiculous, he had insisted and forced me to watch them.

Jack feigned a pout, "Please! We have to be prepared for our own wedding ceremony!"

"We are already married, I don't see why we have to go through with another ceremony," I pointed out, still not keen with the fact that everyone had insisted on us having an actual wedding ceremony, unlike the one that Jack and I had when we eloped two months ago.

"Em please! I don't want Gwennie ruining everything if she finds out that we don't even know how to plan a wedding!"

I rested my weight on my palms and stared up at him. "Shouldn't you know, considering you've acted in those silly movies and had to act in wedding scenes?" I questioned and Jack crossed his arms.

"I know! But this is different!" He stressed.

"How so?"

"Because it's our wedding!" he exclaimed exasperatedly as if he had repeated it countless times which was true. I had been hearing this ever since his family and Theo and Zach had found out we had eloped.

They were not angry that we had not told them that we were eloping, it was more of a shock and a surprise. Immediately, mere seconds after finding out from spotting both an engagement and a wedding band on my finger, the women had insisted on an actual wedding ceremony.

"And again, we are already married. I don't see the point," I repeated and Jack snorted. "Well, it's mostly to placate our family members rather than ourselves don't you think?" I asked and Jack sighed, "Yes, I know."

"Also, isn't it because we're trying to avoid the paparazzi? Having an actual wedding defeats the purpose of eloping isn't it?"

"Yes, Emma, I know-"

"Or are you insisting on having it because you're trying to hide the fact that you've continued in your family's disaster of proposing?" I interjected before allowing a smirk to form on my face.