Chapter 4-The Chase

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 4-The Chase

Emmaline Heywood's POV

"Aunt Emma!" My niece yelled. I frowned and stopped walking before I could get into the car.

"What is it Ella? Did you forget something?" I questioned as I bent down to be almost the same height as my blonde haired niece.

Ella shook her head. "No. But can we have pasta for dinner?" She begged, her big brown eyes pleading and my breath hitched as those very brown eyes were the exact kind that my brother had. Theo's eyes were a darker shade of brown unlike my lighter hazel brown eyes.

Pushing back the sudden burst of emotion that swelled up in me, I smiled and nodded. "Of course. And to make it better, I'll get ice-cream!"

Ella brightened and she nodded her head eagerly. "Yes please!"

I beamed and kissed her forehead and watched as she ran back towards her teacher that was waiting for her. Very few people knew that Ella was the daughter of Theo Heywood, the man that was in a coma due to a drug overdose and also my twin.

I pressed my lips tightly at that and turned back to my car. Theo had been in a coma for about ten months now and if he reached the duration of a year, the chances of him waking up was slim to none.

I got into my car and just stared at the road in front of me. I was thankful that I had not started driving yet and therefore, no one would be sounding their car horns at me for not moving.

I breathed deeply, trying to compose myself and once I felt that my emotions were under control, I started driving. Seeing that it was a Friday, I didn't have to go for work. I only worked four days a week at the museum while Friday, I worked from home.

And I was so thankful to have Bethany, Ella's babysitter to pick Ella from kindergarten everyday and to watch over her until I came back from work.

I knew raising a five year old wasn't easy but hell, I hated Ella's mother for abandoning her just so that she could jet around the world as a supermodel. Ella had only came to my care when Theo had been in a coma for a month.

That meant that he still didn't know that he was a dad. I didn't demand for a paternity test to be taken. Ella looked exactly like her father with the exception of her blonde locks which she had gotten from her mother.

But I was also thankful that no one knew that actor Theo Heywood and supermodel Willa George had a child. Ella didn't deserve to be in the toxic world that was Hollywood. She needed a regular home with love and care and I just hoped that I was enough for her.

Glancing at my watch, I realised that I had some time to grab some groceries before the part time cleaner I had hired to clean my house was to arrive.

Driving to the supermarket and after parking my car. I almost choked at the sight of Jack Donnahue advertising for some sort of shampoo that was displayed on the windows.

Why was it after our brief meeting that I was beginning to notice where he was appearing. Be it newspapers, advertisements and on television. It was quite disconcerting to be honest.

My impression on him had been spot on and I didn't care for his attitude. He was exactly what Hollywood was and I didn't want anything to do with it.

Grabbing a trolley, I looked through the aisle and checked through my mental list of items that I needed to get.

Looking through the various selection of frozen pizza in the frozen department. Sighing, I quickly tossed two boxes of pepperoni into my shopping basket for those days that I was too lazy to cook.