Interview with RayneLovesBlakk: The Writer of Life's Hard. Get Used to It.

Name & Age?

My name's Rayne and I'm fifteen.

When did you start writing?

Err...I have to say I started writing when I was about six. Even before it became my "outlet" it was one of my main venters.

How did you find Wattpad?

From another website in this "Hanging Out" forum this chick posted a link to her story and asked me to read it and I found the place interesting and made an account.

Who is your favourite author?

My favourite author is Sarah Dessen. She's written various great novels.

What is your favourite book?

My favourite book is I'd tell You I Love you but Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter.

What is the first book you have ever read?

The first book I remember reading is...probably The Secret Garden.

Where do you get ideas for your stories?

I get my ideas for my stories from either A) real life experiences B) When someone says something and it inspires and idea C) dreams or D) in the case of Shipwrecked, when someone asks me to write about a certain topic.

If you ever experienced writer's block, how do you get over it?

Writer's block is a huge issue for me, but when I acquire it, it's usually only for one chapter and I have everything all planned out for future chapters, so I usually write those future chapters and come back to the one I'm stuck on.

Do you like reading or writing?

I love both reading and writing, although they aren't my "passions". That would be music.

What's your favourite Wattpad story?

My favourite Wattpad story has to be "She Left Her Bra in Your Car!" by overzealous.

Who's your favourite Wattpad writer and why?

I think maybe StrongApril. For one she's my bestie in real life, plus she's an undiscovered talented writer.

Out of all of your stories(if applicable) which one did you enjoy writing the most?

Shipwrecked because I can be as creative as I want with it and every chapter I write reminds me of why I'm writing it.

Any hints on your upcoming work?

I'm starting to write a new humor/teen fiction inspired by real events. And for all you Shipwrecked fans out there...I have ALOT in store for this story. Mwahahaha.

Any tips for those who want to follow in your footsteps?

Don't be offended by criticism, but don't disregard it. Take everything people say into consideration. It'll improve your writing.

Do you have anything you would like to say to your fans or anyone reading this?

Thanks for all the support I've been getting. It's amazing.

Are any of your characters based on real people?

Most of my characters are based on real people....so basically to many to list.

Who's your favourite character out of your stories?  

Devon from my story Roommates. She's feisty, musical, and basically everything I am.

Do you have any writing habits? (Good and bad)?

I tend to make each paragraph about 6 sentences and I use vocabulary words that no one knows sometimes.

Who's your inspiration?

April. She's gotten me through everything and inspired me to share my writing.

In the future, will you be looking into maybe getting your work published? If so, which story will it be and why that story in particular?

Yes, my story Shipwrecked. It's my best so far.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions (:

Thanks for the interview :D

(This interview was conducted by Amber [congbaide on wattpad])