Interview with Beanerana: The Writer of More Than Friends

For those who don’t know what your story is about, can you give a brief description?

   ---More Than Friends is about a girl named, Lizbeth Gonzalez who just finished her junior year. It's summer and all she wants to do hang out with her friends. One person in particular she wants to spend time with is her best friend, Brandom Micheals. She's had a crush on him for about two years now. She wants to tell him, but can't for a couple of reasons. 1) she doesn't want to ruin their friendship. 2) he has a girlfriend.

Your story “More Than Friends” is that based on your life or anybody that you know in real life?

----My story is based on me and someone else. Some things have happened to me and some things have happened to my friends and that helped start my idea of the story.

How did you come up with the idea and what makes MTF different from all the stories within the same genre?

----A lot of romance stories are too predictable. I dont plan on my story being as predictable as others.

Are your characters based on real people? About your characters Jonathon, Lizbeth & Brandom - How did you come up with their unique names?

---- Yes, every single character is someone in my life.

---- Jonathon. I'm Mexican, a lot of guys I know that are Hispanic have their name written with 'on' and not 'an'. Lizbeth is just kinda random. I like the name Elizabeth..but I didnt want my character with the same name as one of my friends. So I changed it to Lizbeth, instead of Elizabeth. Brandom. I've only met one person with the name Brandom. He really is my best friend. He's Hispanic so I decided to stick with the uniqueness. :)

Do you have a favourite character out of all of them? Why is he/she your favourite?

---My favorite is Brandom. He's a guy. Guys do a lot of stupid things. Sometimes theyre really dense about girls and he is a really great guy in person, so I tried to go off of him.

Where do you get your inspiration from?

--My inspiration came from my bestfriend and Brandom. He's a huge part of the story and if it weren't for him I wouldn't have this story.

What do you do when you’re not writing?

When I'm not writing? I love playing the piano and volleyball. Music in general is my passion, so piano comes easily. ♥ :).

At 15 years old, you already started posting stories on wattpad, can you see yourself doing this for a living?

---I think writing is more of a hobby for me. I love it..just I'm not sure if I'm cut out to do it as a living.

Do you have any other stories that you plan on posting while you’re writing MTF? If so, can you give a little sneak peek at what’s more to come from you?

---Right now I haven't thought of another story. I have an idea, but nothing solid. I'll give you this...it's genre is romance and I like the idea of a guy or girl trying to be with the person they love, but vang because that person is with someone else. :)

For those who aspire in pursuing a stab at writing, is there a tip that you can pass along?

--My advice: You're idea of a story might be stupid..but you won't know until you try. I wasn't too sure about my story..but now that I've gotten into it more, I really don't think it's that bad of an idea. :)

***Now, these are just more Wattpad related questions.***

What was the first story that got you hooked on Wattpad?

First story: Why Do I Keep Waking Up to Find My Brother's Best Friend?

You’ve been on Wattpad since August 2010, but you didn’t start writing until recently (June 2011) so, what was the title of the story that inspired you to start writing your own story?

Story to inspire me: Whispers of Hope (Mated Series #3)

In your opinion, what makes a story a ‘great’ story?

A great story: As long the story isn't predictable I think it's great. Also maybe it should have some twists and turns. Otherwise it's 'blahh.' haha:)

Do you reread any of the stories you’ve read before on Wattpad? Which ones are they? Will you recommend them to others? Why do you reread them?

Yes! I've re-read Have We Met (BY:thetis27), Why Do I Keep Waking Up, To Find My Brother's Best Friend In My Bed? (BY: smaciel04) (not finished yet!! ): ....), A Proscriptive Relationship (BY: XxSkater2GirlxX) and I can't think of other books. :(

I would definitely recommend all of those. They're great! I re-read then because they keep me captivated and there is something always going on. :)

Thanks beanerana for this lovely interview!!!

You're welcome! Thanks for asking me those questions. :D