Interview with Guitargrl56: The Writer of Tuck Everlasting, The Continued Story.

* Name & Age?

         My name is Brittany, and I am 17 years old. However, I am turning 18 in 3 weeks. ;)

* When did you start writing?

         I was born writing! Oh, you’re serious… Well, I’ve been writing on and off ever since first grade. I used to write stories in various journals, which are hidden in my room. I never used to show anybody what I wrote. In fact, the first time I showed my family my stories, was when Tuck Everlasting got popular on Wattpad! It was like, “Oh, by the way, I’m secretly a writer. Here are my books.” My family was totally surprised. It felt weird having them read my work, but I think I have gotten used to it by now.

 * How did you find Wattpad?

         A friend of mine who had a story on Wattpad, shared it on Facebook, and asked me to read it. After reading her story, I thought to myself, Hey! This is pretty cool! I should try it too! So I started posting stories. I never once thought that I would ever see my work on the home page.

    * Who is your favorite author?

         Oh that’s though, but I think my favorite author right now is Libba Bray. I love her sense of humor, and her books are very engaging!

    * What is your favorite book?

         Tuck Everlasting ;)

    * What is the first book you have ever read?

         Are You My Mother? By P.D. Eastman

    * Where do you get ideas for your stories?

         From Idea Mart of course! Bad ideas are half off every Tuesday! Oh, you’re not amused? I get a lot of ideas from movies, books, being bored in math class, laying in bed, brushing my teeth, talking to people… Really, they could come from anywhere. I have a notepad that I will scribble ideas on when the mood strikes me.

    * If you ever experienced writer's block, how do you get over it?

         I would love to meet the writer who has never experienced writer’s block! That person’s life must be very nice. Actually, I experience writers block quite often. I find that a good cry, or tearing of the hair often helps. But usually, I just need to take a deep breath, and step away for a little while.

    * Do you like reading or writing?

         I love reading! I read as much as I possibly can! I go to the bookstore way too much, and often buy books that sit on my shelf, untouched, for months. But I love having books in my possession. I also love to write, but I don’t do it as often as I read. But when I write, it is like everything goes into a fog, and things just get put on paper. Then when I’m done, I read what I just wrote and I’m like, did I write that? It’s like reading it for the first time.

    * What's your favorite Wattpad story?

         I think that my favorite Wattpad story is, Flashbacks of a Fool, by DistantDreamer. It felt like I was reading a professional novel! I definitely would encourage people to check it out!

    * Who's your favorite Wattpad writer and why?

         AuthorRLynn, hands down. Her stories drive me crazy! I can’t stop reading them! She is such a talented author, that if I had an inch of her talent, I would be set for life!

   * Out of all of your stories (if applicable) which one did you enjoy writing the most?

         I think that I enjoy writing Tuck Everlasting: The Continued Story the most, because I really love the response that it gets. It surprises me how many Tuck Everlasting fans are out there!

    * Any hints on your upcoming work?

         Nope. My lips are sealed. Unless… (eyes grow large) is that candy? Alright! I’ll talk! A certain story that I will be uploading once Tuck is done is something that I started when I was in eighth grade. I plan to edit it, and change the story a little, but I’m very excited to finish it!

* Any tips for those who want to follow in your footsteps?

         Even though you may hate your work, you should put some faith in yourself and get it out there! It could be absolutely wonderful, and you would never realize it! It’s surprising what people respond to! Just remember that you are telling a story, and that it deserves to be told! 

* Do you have anything you would like to say to your fans or anyone reading this?

         Thank you all so so so much for inspiring me to write! I never would have made it so far in my story if it hadn’t been for my fans! Your encouragement and support really move me forward! And even though I don’t always answer your comments, I do read every one, and I truly appreciate them! They make me smile, and they make my day! So thank you all very much!

    * Are any of your characters based on real people?

         Absolutely. Well, not all of my characters, but some of them are! I also base some of my characters, off of other characters! But, I find that I usually put a lot of myself into the main character, unintentionally. The doubts that I have, and the fears.

    * Who's your favorite character out of your stories?

         I think that it is either Cheri from Tuck Everlasting, because she seems like somebody that I would know, or Pascal from The Abnormal. Even though she has only showed up once, I really like her, because she doesn’t care about what other people think, and she is very edgy.

    * Do you have any writing habits? (Good and bad)?

         My spelljng ismt the best. Haha. Also, I find that I sometimes don’t blink for a long time when I write, so my contact lenses get kind of dry, and they sting…

    * Who's your inspiration?

Shakespeare, Luisa May Alcott, Libba Bray, my mother, JM Barrie, Zooey Deschanel, my two closest friends Ashley and Sami, Ramin Karimloo… So many people inspire me.

    * In the future, will you be looking into maybe getting your work published? If so, which story will it be and why that story in particular?

         I really think so, but I think that I would want it to be a new story. A story that I spend a lot of time on, and really care about. I want to lock myself in my apartment for days and only focus on my book! Then! I will look into getting my work published.

   * If you had the choice to eat 7 cooked armadillos for a million dollars, would you?

         I have never had armadillo before, but for a million dollars, Heck Yes! That can fund the months I will spend locked in my apartment writing! (see above if confused.)

   * Would you rather trip off a mountain or be pushed off of one?

I think I would rather trip, because that could really ruin a relationship with someone if they push you. They will either:

         a) Blame themselves forever

         b) Laugh menacingly and reveal their evil side

         c) Not care

Either way I think that it would suck for me.

*Thanks for taking the time answering the questions!!

Thanks a lot (too)!

This interview was conducted by Amber (congbaide on wattpad)