Miami

It was 4 o'clock Friday and I was on my way to drop faith off with Nicki. We decided to talk to her when I got there. Well I decided but I'm sure she'll agree. I helped faith out the car and she ran to the house. I smacked my teeth but I guess she hasn't seen her mom in a minute. Even though they talk every night on FaceTime. I got her backpack and suitcase out the trunk and went inside also. Seeing nobody in the living room I locked the door and put Faith's things her room. I went to our well her room and found faith already cuddled under Nicki.

Meek: Hey

I said nervously knowing we left off at a bad spot. She simply waved and I made my way towards the bed. I started to sit down but I remembered they fucked on this bed so I quickly re-directed my route to the chair by the wall.

Meek: So you not gonna talk to me?

Nicki: For what ? You made it clear how you felt.

Meek: You right where them papers at anyway?

Nicki: In the trash

She rolled her eyes and I chuckled knowing she would make this process difficult.

Meek: Why won't you sign them Onika? You really gone make me get our lawyers involved.

Nicki- Remember when you made me promise to never give up on us no matter what happens?

I slowly nodded thinking back to when I gave her the promise ring in Hawaii. I noticed her hand she wore the heart ring on her index finger and wedding ring and band on her ring finger. She hasn't wore her "love/promise" ring since we got engaged.

Nicki: Signing those papers would be giving up and I'm just not willing to break another promise I made to you.

I sat there thinking for a minute. I didn't really have a come back for that so I moved on to the next subject.

Meek: I'm not tryna take this shit to court Nic some mf tryna sue me right now anyway. So we can handle the legal shit later. Right now we just need to focus on faith.

She nodded in agreement

Nicki: I mean we kinda already got a little system going . You keep her during the week and I keep her on the weekends.

Meek: What you tryna do on her birthday and shit like that?

Nicki: I would like to still do that stuff together. If that's okay with you.

Meek: That's cool with me

Nicki: So since you keep her most the time should I pay child support or

I laughed loudly holding my stomach and everything but she kept a straight expression. I quickly got myself together.

Meek: Nah we both getting our own money. That's the last thing I'm worried about. I just wanna make sure faith grow up knowing both her parents love her and would do anything to see her win.

Nicki: So your not even gone attempted to work on us?

I wasn't worried about us talking in front of faith because she was sleeping. I shook my head no

Meek: I'm not yo nigga Nicki . No matter how long you delay the process. You chose to sleep with another nigga now you can live with that.

Nicki: So you say ... I know the place I have in your heart no bitch can EVER take so I'm not worried.

She shrugged confidently as she ate A spoon full of her cotton candy dippin dots.

Meek: I thought nobody could ever take my place in bed next to you. I guess we both were wrong.