Chapter 20: His Friendship Renewed

"Meredith, meet Lionel Barlowkey, my best friend."

Lionel could not take it anymore he plunged to hug his best friend in the tightest hug he had not given anyone in a long time. He cried in gratitude of the acceptance.

"I meant it when I said if I could turn back the time, I'd choose your friendship over some crazy infatuation," Severus added as he patted his friend's back.

Meredith stood smiling at the reunion of the two friends. When they broke away from the hug, Lionel turned to her and said to Severus, "I like her. You have certainly got yourself an incredible woman. Look at us idiots. We broke up our friendship because of a girl but this one here... brought us together." With that, he turned to Meredith and hugged her as he continuously muttered 'thank you'.

"Come to the party this Friday, at the café. It starts at 7 in the evening," Severus invited and Lionel gladly accepted. He cast a healing spell on Meredith and all her bruises disappeared, all her bodily pain gone. He joked he would not want Meredith to celebrate her first wedding anniversary covered in bruises but they knew in their hearts that he did it because he felt guilty of having caused her bodily harms and almost killed her too.