Good Morning, Beauxbatons

Zara woke up with a start, in her dream, she had to watch her dad die once again, and then another time, and another, until she couldn't hardly bear it. She needed more euphoria. The early morning sun pierced her eyes as she struggled to open her trunk at the front of her bed. Once she got it open, she fumbled around the items within it, and then grabbed the a small vial out of a maroon puch. She took off the cork from the flask and drank the yellow liquid. Instantly, the euphoria took over and she felt so much better. The potion had caused her to become more awake and ready for the day, along with the feelings of positivity flowing inside of her. Quickly, she went over to her dresser and took out her new Feuincendie uniform. Then, she tip-toed to her room's bathroom and ready for the day. It was going to be tough, it was the first day of the selection.

Zara walked out of the bathroom, freshened up and ready for the dangers she may face today. Whatever happened, she would conquer it. She had too. Zara thought that she had gone too far to fail now. Whatever happened, she would be courageous and prevail.

She back over to her bed and grabbed her wand off of the nightstand. Then, she went over to her trunk and opened it once again. She grabbed out Spells for Beginners by Melanie Hartman. Zara closed the lid almost silently, hoping not to wake anyone. She then opened the door to the hall, and exited the room.

As Zara stepped into the hallway, she saw that Clara was standing behind her.

"Where are you going?" Clara asked.

"Oh, well you know The Selection is today right? I'm just going to go practice some magic, I'm sure we'll need it," Zara replied.

"Okay, well can I come? I haven't used my wand yet," Clara said.

"Yeah, sure just go get dressed first."

"Okay."

After a few minutes of waiting, Clara finally opened the door out into the Maison's hallway. She was wearing something different than Zara. It was black joggers and along with black shirt with the Feuincendie crest on it, a phoenix taking off into the air surrounded by fire. She was also wearing a red sweatshirt.

"What are you wearing? Those aren't our uniforms," Zara said.

"You must have missed them when you got ready, they're hanging up in the bathroom with our names on the back of the sweatshirt, so that way you'll know it's yours. Plus, it's probably important for the Selection. These are the uniforms for it anyway," Clara replied.

"Shoot, give me one second, I need to change then."

Zara quickly walked into her room, opened the door to the bathroom, and changed, for the second time this morning, into another uniform. She stowed away her schooling outfit back into her dresser. Then she walked back out into the hallway.

"Ready?" Clara asked.

"Yeah."

They were about to walk outside when they saw an owl carrying a letter addressed to Zara through one of windows. She then proceeded to open the window and took the letter from the owl.

"Who's it from?" Clara said.

"I don't know," Zara replied.

She then opened the envelope and took the letter out.

Dear Zara,

I just realized where I have seen your wand before! It's the stardust wand! Congratulations on being the next queen! Also, just to let you know, your thestral arrived safely at the Beauxbatons Palace, so you should go visit him in the stables when you get the chance. Can't wait to see you after term ends!

Love,

Aurora

"It's just from my friend Aurora who helped me around Lumière Avenue," Zara replied.

"Oh."

The two girls headed outside after Zara had stowed away the letter into her pocket. When they opened the door to the Feuincendie door.

As they walked onto the roof, a blast of wind hit their faces. It was cold, but not too bad.

Then, they proceeded across the swaying bridge, stumbling as the wind moved the wood around.

Zara saw that the body of the boy was gone, which was a relief, but also still very upsetting to her.

What type of place was Beauxbatons?