The Paris Catacombs

Even though the hole under the bed was right there, something else was preoccupying Zara's mind: sadness for her father's death. She knew she hadn't taken euphoria in a while, so she would have to drink another vial of the yellow liquid. She started shaking, she had grown a dependence on this potion. Running over to the trunk by her bed, she opened the wooden box and rummaged through her things. No euphoria. She looked behind her books. No euphoria. She kept searching, but she couldn't find any. In a panic, hot tears began to flood into her eyes.

"Are you alright?" Clara asked.

"I CAN'T FIND MY EUPHORIA!" she screamed.

Like an addict, desperately trying to get the potion, which she now knew was actually very dangerous, she slammed the trunk shut and began to cry. But her hot tears turned to anger.

"Let's go fight the Coven," Zara said.

Zara knew that she must force the grief for her father into anger to make her a more stronger fighter. She would avenge her father. Somehow she knew that this muggle person who killed her father was an assassin for the Coven.

The three students climbed down through the hole under the bed, but it was so dark that they couldn't even see what was down there.

"Where to we place our footing?" Clara asked.

"C'mon, we've had a lot of practice with this just getting to our Maison," Zara responded.

"I haven't!" Archer said as he illuminated his wand.

The inside of the walls of Beauxbatons was just stone, nothing special. Even though the castle looked elaborate on the outside, it was just built with common material.

"I thought that with magic they could make the walls just like the castle, why is it just stone?" Clara asked.

"Magic isn't always beautiful," Zara responded through gritted teeth.

By that she didn't just mean the walls of the castle. She meant the wizarding world as a whole, specifically the evil inside of it.

When they made it to the end of the tunnel, the expected to see tunnels in the ground, with walls for dirt. But instead, right as they dropped to the ground, the scenery changed. There was no longer a hole above them that they had just crawled through. The exit was enchanted so that you could be taken to another place before you hit the ground. These holes must have been placed in every room in every Maison of Beauxbatons, which would make it easy for the Coven to take the children.

Zara looked around the new area that they were in. It was still tunnels, but it was dim with the lights of the spread out torches. She walked over to the wall of the structure and saw that it was made out of human skulls, all clumped together in one giant wall. Suddenly, she knew where they were.

"Guys, we're in the Paris Catacombs."

"How do we get out?" Archer asked.

"I don't know, I guess we follow the path, but that will probably lead us straight into the Coven."

Clara, Zara, and Archer all made their way down the path, looking at the walls ridden with decomposing bones. A strong stench of death lingered in the air.

"Keep going, we'll be alright."

The three of them kept walking in the dim light, following the twists and turns of the catacombs. How they were going to get out that they didn't know, but when the three of them saw the hooded witch they had been chasing step out in front of them from once they turned a corner the gasped. Even still, Zara thought that this was her mother. The hooded witch lifted her wand.

"Mom, you don't have to do this!" Zara yelled.

"Mom?" the hooded figure and lifted up it's hood.

The shock of the Zara saw made her almost faint.

"Aurora?"